What power supply and what case?

System
I7 2600K @ 4.5 GHZ
GTX 470 Overclocked to 885/1870
2 Sticks of DDR3 1600 MHZ 4 GB Density each if it makes a difference.
Going to put a sound card in probably will go with an asus DX
2 Hard Drives, not green, 1TB caviar black

This is a new system, Im pulling my thermalright 120 monster of a heatsink off my 955 build, cleaning it and putting it into this new build with the proper 1155 bracket. I Need to have enough room in the case to support this heatsink without any interference from a side fan. Also would prefer, since its a push pull heatsink facing the rear and not the top, to have a case with 1 top vent and 2 rear vents, as it seems logical to have more in the rear pulling as the cpu fans are already pushing in that direction.

Also bought a 700 watt ocz power supply but probably going to return it, I think I need something bigger, my rig drains too much power as is especially when benchmarking shut my old 650 Watt PS off and crashed my system, Im thinking 1k watt, going to go sli later not sure if I will sli the 470s or wait for the 670 and buy one and sli that. I Have an external power supply 450 watt that works wonders, so if I do go sli dont count the wattage for the second one.

Need help finding a case and PS, price cap is about 330 bucks total, and a side window on the case would be awesome. Thanks

My current options are limited to stock on amazon.com as it is an amazon credit card purchase, sorry if it makes it complicated guys. My biggest goer for a power supply is this one http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Modular-Certified-RSA00-AMBAJ3-US/dp/B002RWJGCM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
And am looking at the NZXT Lexa S, Storm Scout, Antec 900 among others, but again need to make sure that the heatsink will fit without getting blocked, and that 2 gtx 470s will fit fine.

if you even SLI 2 470s you don't need 1K PSU, if you even SLI 2 670s you won't need that much wattage. (28nm architecture which means less power consumption and less heat )
anyway you picked the right series from Cooler Master, Silent Pro is one of the top at the market.. other series from Cooler Master is just a crap and i suggest you review your PSU before you buy it to be sure.
again a Cooler master silent pro 850W will be very sufficient to your rig, no need for 1 K PSU

beenthere

Distinguished
Be informed. Before you buy any PSU read accurate, objective PSU reviews at reputable sites such as www.jonnyguru.com or www.hardwaresecrets.com on the EXACT model PSU that you are interested in as some brands have good and poor quality PSUs.

You can also get an accurate rating of how much PSU power is required for your current or future system at the PSU calculator link below. Once you know the total PSU watts required then you need to confirm that the 12v rail has enough amps. to support your Vid card(s) and the rest of the PC system.

There are several websites that show the Vid card power consumption in watts. Divide the watts by 12 to determine the amps. required on the 12v rail(s). Add 15 amps for the rest of the PC on the 12v rail and you now know the Minimum total 12v rail amps required under full load. It's best to have at least 5-10 amps. reserve on the 12v rail available under full load so the PSU is not loaded to 100%.

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-560-ti-sli-review/14

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_560_Ti/25.html

Thank you for the help, but decided I am going to keep the 700, and will add the external back in when I sLI the rig, as for a case I got mad and just chose the one i thought best out of about 5 and it was between the NZXT Guardian, NZXT Lexa S, NZXT Tempo Evo, Antec 900, The HAF series below 120, the storm scout, and the thermaltake v9. Well Ya there was a list but I felt the one that fit me best for looks and durability and performance was the NZXT Tempo Evo, shipped for 89.99 no tax no shipping on amazon.com with a 10 dollar coupon code. If you guys have anything to put in please let me know as I do have some time to cancel it but not much time.

best airflow from a case will be starting from the HAF 932 and above (HAF X) i would recommend a HAF 912 advanced as it will provide superior air flow to your case with a side panel 140MM fan in case you SLI/CF
storm scout is not a good option as you'll be limited by the size of the case which will limit your GPUs and CPU cooler

TRENDING THREADS