kolvoke

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
For some reason on stock my fan speed only goes to 3000rpm even at 50c...i tried disabling n enabling cooln quiet still not luck...i cant seem to control fan speed with gigabyte easy tuner 6...i have ga880gm usb3 with stock fan :(

kolvoke

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
but when i cover the vent hole...the fan goes upto 6000rpm....it just doesnt increase according to the cpu temperature...when its 50 its at 3000rpm when i cover the vent hole from which the air is coming out it goes upto 6000 :(...i did some changes in speed fan...the result for all this screwed up...i changed all pwm1,2,3 mode to on/off

Well, you seem to have the solution to your own problem, you just didn't realize it. The system is designed to maintain the temps at proper levels, 50C is pretty normal and so the fan (PWM Fan) works at it's required speed to keep the temp normal. If your processor should go beyond 80C then I think you'll see the RPM go up that High, although, I still have never seen or heard a 6000RPM fan, I'd be pretty scared for I bought a PC not a RC Copter..... would hate to see my rig lift off.
One thing is for sure my rigs at 44C with a 1200 RPM, so you do need a new HSF for that rig.

kolvoke

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
theres the thing.....when the temp of 1100t goes to even 59...the fan doesnt increase inorder to cool it...instead it stays at 3000 or 4000....and i get beep sounds when it reach 60 :(

kolvoke

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
i changed accidently once in speed fan....i changed in advanced setting and selected it8720f in that...Pwm1mode and pwm2mode to smart gaurdian and pwm3 mode to on/off..since then my fan speed went crazy

Well, speedfan is a complicated program if it is not understood properly. Especially when it comes to identifying the chipsets.
What you need to do is disable speedfan at startup option.
And then everything will work normally.
I used to have that program, but, due to the same mess ups, I decided on the more saner option, no program is better than the bios and company(Mobo) package. They can be fine tuned to work pretty simply without all the technical crap, that is really not needed by the common man.

kolvoke

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
sorry how do i undo the mess? i had speed fan 4.44 before then i changed it the fan stoped so i got scared i switched off the pc then on it again then uninstalled speedfan directly....now i use 4.39 :( its quiet a mess with the fan stuff....can i just reset cmos? and everything will be alright?

In the speedfan window go to the configure tab. and then.....
Ok I need you to check the Events Tab in the SpeedFan window for events that you have added and for action that must be taken when those events occur.
Gimme a screenshot of it if possible.
In the Advanced Tab next to the Events tab in the SpeedFan Window there is a small box at the base saying remember it, I'd like you to uncheck it for all the chips mentioned at the Top Chip Bar.

After ok and ok and ok... come back to the main window of speedfan, and uncheck Automatic fan speed.