Sign in with
Your question

With AMD Radeon 7000 Series in Summer Taped Out?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 12, 2011 6:45:42 PM

This Seems that AMD has another early boost vs Nvidia's Kepler if released in November 2011 , only around 5 months vs 1 year Head Start with ATI 5000 Series! So Not that Bad R&D catching up! My Question is does it give AMD to release a DX11.1/DX12.0 Hybrid Architecture refresh for Christmas 2011, that gives them another 4890 Launch, but this time with some early 1st try Cloud Computing Boost, Maybe ready for Windows *8 Midori?
As For me I'll stick with A Nintendo 3DS/Skype or Dell-Alienware MMX14 if I can get a job to put a downpayment on it! Wouldn't mind having one of those with ClearMax Wi-Fi 4G!
April 16, 2011 3:46:21 PM

Rumours been updated to Mayday Payday! Aiming to Cut the sektor costs in half, new features, higher speeds & yields! Start getting ready for a DX11.1/DX12 Chip for X-MAS or Happy ThanksGiving!
m
l
April 22, 2011 12:44:59 AM

http://www.nordichardware.com/news/71-graphics/42783-ra...

Taped out in Feburary of 2011, Something About ATI & AMD hitting Nvidia below the Belt! Says they have been waiting on TWSC and Global Foundries for .28nm! Its why they signed a deal with Global Foundries, TWSC was going rather slow to transition to 32nm & 28nm! Kinda of Hitting everyone below the belt!. but Toshiba is putting out .19nm flash memory! Go Figure!
Everyone is IT seems ready to split the sektor this year (2011) After a boring 2007-2010 years in tech, don't tell me TWSC is getting old!
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
April 22, 2011 4:05:24 AM

Where did you hear a new DX? That would be awfully strange considering we barely use DX11 well yet. Personally I see no reason why they should invest in a new DX until these terrible current XBox and PS consoles die.
m
l
April 22, 2011 2:49:03 PM

EXT64 said:
Where did you hear a new DX? That would be awfully strange considering we barely use DX11 well yet. Personally I see no reason why they should invest in a new DX until these terrible current XBox and PS consoles die.

Just saying they are in a Situation to release a hybrid DX11.1/DX12.0 since they are ahead of the developing cycle, similar to where ATi was with the 4890 Dx10.1/DX11! Thats the Reason AMD bought ATi they didn't have product delays like AMD they were on time and ahead! Look at the DX11.0 5830 release! its almost as if they developed the standard, only didn't have a proprietary API!
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
April 22, 2011 7:07:39 PM

The 4xxx is DX10.1, and the 5xxx is DX11. DirectX is developed and agreed upon by all of the GPU makers and Microsoft. I wouldn't count NVidia out - remember last time we did that, the 5xx came out before the AMD 6xxx. And the 5830 was not a very good card. The 5850 and 5870 were excellent though.
m
l
April 23, 2011 1:01:21 AM

EXT64 said:
The 4xxx is DX10.1, and the 5xxx is DX11. DirectX is developed and agreed upon by all of the GPU makers and Microsoft. I wouldn't count NVidia out - remember last time we did that, the 5xx came out before the AMD 6xxx. And the 5830 was not a very good card. The 5850 and 5870 were excellent though.

4890 was supposed to be DX10.1 with some of the DX11 Technology found in the 5830! ATI has its choice of adding some of its own features considering they were close to year ahead of Nvidia in DX11 giving developers a chance to optimize for their cards and possibly introduce a proprietary API! Also Delays in 40nm/32nm/28nm delayed them someone also!

Plus ATI has a chance to release an Optimized Card with some features for Windows 8 Midori(Sounds Midgar F.F> VII and Orochi Fusion!) It another cycle ahead of Nvidia which lowered it from 1year to 6 months! Which is impressive, but when you think about an Xbox720 and ATI/AMD is ahead of the game it sounds perfect to release a DX12 card with midori optimiziations and jsut go about die shrinking it to .22nm and take a break and give those engineers a rest than look forwards towards XBOX 720 Fusion!
m
l
April 25, 2011 3:55:16 PM

EXT64 said:

According to January Sales AMD Has Shipped 35Million DX11 Chips! Also Has Shipped 3 Million of its Fusion Chips! Makes 38 Million DX11 Chips Sold and AMD Radeon 7000 Fresh out of the Oven Almost! It Seems Its Time to Start Working on DX12 with a Proprietary API! They Have Rick Bergman a combination of Borg/Zerg Read to Assimilate and Mass Expo! Question Lies Can AMD Hit Intel in the Corporate Market/Hi End Business Where Intel has a Large Market Share!

Only Other Big News is Apple Going to Buy-out Dell or Nokia, it was mentioned on a Finance Website Due to Apple Having 60Billion in Revenue for the Quarter! That would make it Apple vs. AMD. vs. Intel Vs. IBM!
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
April 26, 2011 2:50:52 AM

Although I doubt they have the research $$ to do it anyway, I really think that making proprietary APIs just for the sake of making them is a bad idea. Look at NVidia's PhysX and its GPU accelerated adoption rate - bad. However NVida making their own customized coding/programming system (CUDA) is great for scientific coders who can now code effectively thanks to NVidia setting up CUDA to "know" their hardware.
m
l
April 26, 2011 3:46:45 AM

EXT64 said:
Although I doubt they have the research $$ to do it anyway, I really think that making proprietary APIs just for the sake of making them is a bad idea. Look at NVidia's PhysX and its GPU accelerated adoption rate - bad. However NVida making their own customized coding/programming system (CUDA) is great for scientific coders who can now code effectively thanks to NVidia setting up CUDA to "know" their hardware.

Look At 3DFX's Glide that ran everything faster! Playing Games at slow speeds, than going to an arcade and playing a game like Aliens Shooter gives you a headache and takes time to get you use to with all that fast paced Shooting! Plus having your own API means you have your own source code that should be unhackable, considering now that GPU's and APU's are popular more than ever! Plus With ALL the Virus Nowadays and malware going out of control according to Trend Micro, Best Time now is to get the GPU Involved with all that Proccessing Power!
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
April 26, 2011 4:33:03 AM

But where is 3DFX now? :D 

I agree making your own API will greatly improve performance on your hardware (look at the consoles), but if nobody (game developers) use it because it can only run on half the hardware (at best) then what good is it. Hopefully they will focus on making their hardware perform the best that it can in the current industry wide standards while researching into ways to make a better future industry wide standard.
m
l
April 26, 2011 12:04:22 PM

EXT64 said:
But where is 3DFX now? :D 

I agree making your own API will greatly improve performance on your hardware (look at the consoles), but if nobody (game developers) use it because it can only run on half the hardware (at best) then what good is it. Hopefully they will focus on making their hardware perform the best that it can in the current industry wide standards while researching into ways to make a better future industry wide standard.

Look at games Like Myth Series or Diablo that were optimized for Glide Ran Fast with Cool Effects with the voxel engine! All of 3DFX patens are with Nvidia or Quantum 3D! 3DFX did enough 1994-2002 thats about how long a company is in the market before there is someone newer- younger-more innovative! 3DFX was one of the Companies that survived the shoot-out Between Nvidia-Matrox-ATI-Savage 3D-Rendition! All it needed to do was get that V.S.A. Out quicker to compete 2 Chip Solution Competes with a Geforce DDR and 4 Chip Solution Competes with a Geforce 2 Ultra! Lots of Problems with Tawain Having Earthquakes also afftected 3DFX Delays here and there!
m
l
!