HP nx8220 sparkly screen

Hi, I have a new nx8220 laptop, but I'm not realy sure if LCD display is OK
or not ok. It seams sparkly.I have used to it during last 2 weeks, but
anyways I wonder...

So does LCD display on HP nx8220 is supposed to look a bit sparkly or I
should try to get a new one?? LCD on model 7010 looks very differnet.
6 answers Last reply
More about nx8220 sparkly screen

    mede wrote:
    > Hi, I have a new nx8220 laptop, but I'm not realy sure if LCD display
    > is OK or not ok. It seams sparkly.I have used to it during last 2
    > weeks, but anyways I wonder...
    >
    > So does LCD display on HP nx8220 is supposed to look a bit sparkly or
    > I should try to get a new one?? LCD on model 7010 looks very
    > differnet.

    Sparkly?? Set single-color backgrounds, white, black, red, green, blue.
    If you see any other colors than what you set in that background, then
    you have hot pixels. How many do you see?

    Quaoar schrieb:
    > mede wrote:
    >
    >>Hi, I have a new nx8220 laptop, but I'm not realy sure if LCD display
    >>is OK or not ok. It seams sparkly.I have used to it during last 2
    >>weeks, but anyways I wonder...
    >>
    >>So does LCD display on HP nx8220 is supposed to look a bit sparkly or
    >>I should try to get a new one?? LCD on model 7010 looks very
    >>differnet.
    >

    > Sparkly?? Set single-color backgrounds, white, black, red, green, blue.
    > If you see any other colors than what you set in that background, then
    > you have hot pixels. How many do you see?

    I think what mede means ist the effect called Ice-effect by some
    people. That seems to be a technical feature of this display series.

    MSy

    Markus Staehly wrote:
    > Quaoar schrieb:
    >> mede wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi, I have a new nx8220 laptop, but I'm not realy sure if LCD
    >>> display is OK or not ok. It seams sparkly.I have used to it during
    >>> last 2 weeks, but anyways I wonder...
    >>>
    >>> So does LCD display on HP nx8220 is supposed to look a bit sparkly
    >>> or I should try to get a new one?? LCD on model 7010 looks very
    >>> differnet.
    >>

    >> Sparkly?? Set single-color backgrounds, white, black, red, green,
    >> blue. If you see any other colors than what you set in that
    >> background, then you have hot pixels. How many do you see?

    > I think what mede means ist the effect called Ice-effect by some
    > people. That seems to be a technical feature of this display series.
    >
    > MSy

    Well, then, that changes everything! This is sub-pixel shading?

    Quaoar schrieb:
    > Markus Staehly wrote:
    >
    >>Quaoar schrieb:

    >>>Sparkly?? Set single-color backgrounds, white, black, red, green,
    >>>blue. If you see any other colors than what you set in that
    >>>background, then you have hot pixels. How many do you see?

    >>I think what mede means ist the effect called Ice-effect by some
    >>people. That seems to be a technical feature of this display series.
    >>
    >>MSy
    >

    > Well, then, that changes everything! This is sub-pixel shading?

    I can't tell you. I know similar effects from my S-IPS Desktop
    Panels, but on the nx some people seem to see it more intense.

    MSy

    I have a new nx8220 with a 15.4" 1680x1050 display. What resolution is
    your screen?

    I am also concerned about my display and don't know if it is normal or
    not. I don't have access to another computer of the same model for
    comparison.

    I wouldn't describe my display as sparkly. The effect is more like a
    fine dust over the entire screen. When I move white windows around the
    screen, they appear to move under this dusty layer. It appears to be a
    problem with the anti-glare coating.

    I have looked at an nx8220 with a 15.4" 1280x800 display, and it does
    NOT have this dusty layer effect.

    I have a new nx8220 with a 15.4" 1680x1050 display. What resolution is
    your screen?

    I am also concerned about my display and don't know if it is normal or
    not. I don't have access to another computer of the same model for
    comparison.

    I wouldn't describe my display as sparkly. The effect is more like a
    fine dust over the entire screen. When I move white windows around the
    screen, they appear to move under this dusty layer. It appears to be a
    problem with the anti-glare coating.

    I have looked at an nx8220 with a 15.4" 1280x800 display, and it does
    NOT have this dusty layer effect.

Laptops Hewlett Packard LCD Monitor