I have just built my new PC specs as follows:

Intel core i5
8GB Corsair DDR3 1333Mhz
30GB SSD
500GB 7200ROM western Digital Drive
DVD RW +-
Sapphire HD Graphics Card
ASROCK P67 Pro Mobo.

I have all this set up and looks great. when i press the power button the fans start whirring. (CPU,GPU Cas fans) When i look at the monitor, it stays blank. I have tried everything reseating gpu, pushing in all cables. Im at a loss. can anyone help? i dont want to have to buy a new motherboard. :(

Thanks in advance

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
It could be your video that's dead(Fans just spins but GPU is dead) turn the computer on and pull the fan plug and see if it gets hot(dont let it get too hot because you wont be able to touch it when it's 80*C) It's not a dead cpu otherwise computer wouldn't start... It could also be the PSU that's dead but still powers up, what PSU you have? The RAM may be the problem, no RAM, no display(It may be dead)... do you hear any beeps? also check if you plug the DVI/VGA adapter in correctly and use screw to make it tight...

JPCC0992

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Hello both,

thanks for coming back to me, I shall be trying that website clarkjd after work tomorrow. So i can find what the issue is, do you reckon I could need a new motherboard? i hope not this one is brand new. :(

Legend Killer,

The model of the PSU is Corsair GS600. also Brand New.

does this help?

Thanks