SOLVED: PROBLEM: With a new Build.

seki_uchiha

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
So heres my problem. i bought a new CPU,CPU Cooler,Mobo and RAM, and i finished the build, but i started her up, and she wouldnt post (not having a sys speaker on me...) i did a few test with it, taking out all sticks of RAM GPU HDD's ect and try to boot.

Anyway so after 6 hours of trying to solve this, i thought the Motherboard was Faulty, so i returned it and got it exchanged.

So i came back to do the new build with this new motherboard... same problem, wont post at all, no matter what i do.

So i went to a shop 40 mins away to buy a system speaker to diagnose, When i have everything plugged up, (not includding Drives) the Speakers doesnt beep, its just silent.

So outta curiousity i took out the RAM... And it done Short Beeps constantly meaning it RAM was missing. So i put back in the RAM, and it doesnt beep.... SO THAN, i removed everything besides Mobo, CPU and RAM... (removed the GPU)... Still no Beeps...

But as soon as i take out the RAM it does beep.

I than went on to test the RAM in 2 other PC's, the RAM Worked fine, tried using different monitors same thing.

PC Specs (NEW BUILD):
CPU: i7 3820
Mobo: GB X79-UD3
RAM: Patriot Gamer2 (4gb stick 1600mhz)
PSU: Huntkey 650w
HDD's: 3x WD Green
DVD Drive: LG DVD/rw
Case: Antec 902 (modded)

I need help asap, as if i go to the shop tommorow (a long drive away) they have said they will/can replace the part.

EDIT: I have cleared CMOS/BIOS mutiple times including everytime changing a DIMM for RAM (i tried the stick in every DIMM)

I've never heard of huntkey power supplies; borrow or get a different one to get it to post. Boards always beep without ram; check the position of the cmos jumper using the motherboard manual for reference. Be sure it's covering the correct pins. Finally, try a different video card if you can.

Never heard of the Ion either. Look, there is tons of info on PSUs and other components, you obviously spent some time researching the parts youd need, why wouldnt you spend some time and do the same on your PSU. EIther one of those are most likely low cost, garbage PSUs, im not saying its the reason, but with the other stuff you listed, id start there first. And next time dont be cheap on the PSU it can have dire consequences.

seki_uchiha

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Like i said his PSU has served me more than well these past 2 years never had a problem with it..

Any other suggestions... x_x...

Thanks thou vrumor

I just dont understand how it beeps without RAM but as soon as i stick a tested working piece of Ram in any DIMM it wont beep at all ._.

Doesnt matter if it has served you well for a few years. PSUs dont get better over time, they degrade, even the best of them do. If you are trying to power a more powerful system than you had before, which im assuming it is, that doesnt mean itll work well with your new parts. Anyone with knowledge of building PCs will call into question the 1st and 2nd PSU options you have tried.

Well Coolermaster is known for putting out some stinkers as PSUs for sure but its most likely better than the other 2. Its worth a shot if you have it. Again, not saying the PSU is the issue, but I wouldnt put either of those 2 anywhere near expensive components. Wouldnt even put it in the same room if it was disconnected and reboxed in the retail box. Its that bad.

seki_uchiha

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
So... tested with the coolermaster, still same problem, so i went out just than and bought a Cosair HX650, yep still the same problem............

Any other ideas besides the PSU?