Budget Range: $500-$800 After Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming and surfing the internet

Parts Not Required: monitor, speakers

Preferred Website for Parts: newegg.com

Country of Origin: United States

Parts Preferences: by brand or type: None

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Additional Comments: Looking for a reliable PC that can run the Witcher 2, Shogun 2: Total War, and other new games on the highest settings with no lag. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about newbie gaming
  1. Run witcher 2 maxed out on $800? You are a funny man xD
    But seriously, Could you please list monitor res? And do you have windows already?

I got an idea of what you need, let me know.
  2. Best answer
  3. Must say, ^^
  4. striker410 said:
    Run witcher 2 maxed out on $800? You are a funny man xD
    But seriously, Could you please list monitor res? And do you have windows already?

I got an idea of what you need, let me know.

Lol, so running Witcher 2 maxed out at this price is unrealistic? I wanted to use my 56 Inch 1080p DLP HDTV as a monitor, I was told from another website it would work. Can anyone confirm this? Pretty sure it's this model here: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HL-S5687W-56-Inch-1080p-HDTV/dp/B000F2P2XI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1309048916&sr=8-5 If not, I'm purchasing a new plasma screen soon, I don't know which one yet. I want to use a tv as a monitor, if it's possible. I think I'm going to need windows too. Unless I can use my old Vista discs that came with my old computer. I'll have to look for them when I get home.

Anonymous said:

Any opinions on this setup here? Thanks for the replys guys!
  5. Yes that monitor will work, as long as the GPU has HDMI out. And I really like Geng's build, I think it's pretty sexy for the price.
  6. I'm going to purchase the setup genghiskron posted. But before I do, I have one final question. Is there anything else I'll need to buy to get this computer up and running? Besides an operating system, mouse, and keyboard? I didn't see a sound card included with that setup, unless I'm mistaken. If I need one, does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks again guys, I'll let you know how it runs once I have it all assembled.
  7. The one thing to note about the build is that you cant add a second graphics card. You can overclock the i5-2500k and replace the graphics card, but there is no support for dual card setups. I really dont think this is a terrible thing, but i wanted you to be aware.

As others mentioned, its essentially impossible to max the witcher 2 with your budget. this is probably as close as youre going to get, and you will be able to play the game at very high settings, just not the highest.

You wont need a sound card.

If you want to overclock the cpu, you will want an aftermarket cooler, which you can always purchase and install later (for example, after the rebate for your graphics card comes in).
  8. Yup, Genghis layed it out well. You lose some expandability, but gain performance.
    With this combo, you are essentially getting a high caliber system at low cost because of the savings. I think it's an awesome deal for those who are on a budget.
  9. Best answer selected by Vapemore.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems Product