Hello, my brother plans on getting a new computer soon as his current one is about 5 years old and struggling to survive, I don't know too much about the requirements for programs such as Photoshop CS5 and video editing software. This is the build I had in mind, any suggestions are welcome as well as a reason as to why.
Adobe Bridge CS5
Adobe Premier Pro CS5
Adobe After Effect CS5
Adobe Illustrator CS5
Things I am unsure of:
1) Would 16GB RAM be better?
2) i7 2600K, cause of hyper threading? Is it better for the programs?
3) I don't know video card requirements for the programs he uses (GTX 560 Ti was an idea)
4) Will 4 sticks of the listen ram fit with that CPU cooler (They have heat sinks)?
5) 1333MHz vs 1600MHz for his programs
1) He doesn't want an SSD I might add (May get one in the future)
2) Plans for more storage later
3) Will probably have me overclock later on
4) Will probably play some games on it as well
5) Will not SLI
Price Limit: $1300, less is always better! If its more, its okay.
1) For his usage, the extra ram 'might' be better, but most likely the 8GB will do fine, if he seems to be running out, just add another 2x4GB kit later.
2) It would be better yes, but the 2500k is by no means bad.
3) Nvidia seems to be the way to go for those programs, there are optimizations for Nvidia gpu's for the programs he is running 560Ti would probably do fine.
4) ripjawsX, they should fit
5) prices are about the same for both 1333 and 1600, so get the 1600Mhz they are somewhat faster
Since he is working with video editing, getting a Z68 chipset motherboard would be worth it. The onboard video on 2500k and 2600k is very good at transcoding videos, so you should get one that support virtu to take advantage of that feature.