Status
Not open for further replies.

4870x2card

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
I am looking to start overclocking my cpu it is a amd phenom ii x4 925 and i dont think the stock cooler will be able to keep up with it. according to my friend who has the same cpu he overclocked it just a little bit and his cpu temperature jumped to 90-100c (according to him)and that was with his stock fan maxed out. I believe its an am3 socket. so if anybody could give me a recommendation id be greatful.

Solution
The best cooling you are going to be able to get with that would be one of the Corsair enclosed loop Water Cooling systems.

They are relatively cheap, safe, and since they are completely closed loop you won't need any maintenance on them.

These are going to give you a much higher cooling level of any air, especially since you can't go with big air.

4870x2card

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
well i agree the only thing i have to worry about is the size of it cause i dont have much room to work with i have a hp pavilion hpe-112y pc. from the cpu to the side panel i have like 4-5 in to work with i believe.

The best cooling you are going to be able to get with that would be one of the Corsair enclosed loop Water Cooling systems.

They are relatively cheap, safe, and since they are completely closed loop you won't need any maintenance on them.

These are going to give you a much higher cooling level of any air, especially since you can't go with big air.

Solution
Shouldn't be a problem as this will just replace the fan next to the CPU anyway. the H100 won't fit though.

Btw... BIOS's from manafactuers like HP and Dell and what not are locked so that you can not OC. If you want to OC you are going to need a MB with an actual bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.