Good MPEG Encoder?

G

Do any of you guys know a decent MPEG encoder for Linux? It has to be able to produce VCD compliant streams. I have found a couple of bits and bobs, but does anybody recommend a really good encoder that I could try? Currently I use TMPGEnc under Windoze... not cool. I want to be able to do this under Linux.

Cyrix 166 + 16MB RAM (with 1MB RAMDISK) + 14k baud + 400MB HD PIO 1 + Lynx under MS-DOS.... Jealous?

G

Thanks pal. I had never heard of that site before, but I am glad that you gave me the link. It seems to be a very good site, I actually found a few other useful bits. I am doing a guide for a site that teaches people how to produce VCD/SVCD/DVD etc... I have to cover DVD ripping, capturing, editing, encoding and burning (under Linux, there are only Windoze guides at present). At the moment I am only researching and collecting software to use, so Freshmeat will come in handy.
:D

<font color=red>Cyrix 166 + 8MB RAM + 14k baud + 300MB HD + Lynx under MS-DOS...</font color=red><font color=green> Jealous?</font color=green>