Best digital photograhy magazine?

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 8, 2005 1:56:01 PM

I've been looking lately at the various digital photography magazines.
Most of them (particular the ones published in the U.S.) are basically
shills for the camera companies.

The only one which I found that appeared to seriously address
technique and issues was the British publication, "Digital
Photographer" .

What other magazines out there are people reading and finding useful?

Browning, Browning...
On appuie là, et qu'est-ce qui sort
Par le p'tit trou? Madame la Mort.
"Browning"
Edith Piaf
March 8, 2005 8:42:26 PM

"John A. Stovall" <johnastovall@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I've been looking lately at the various digital photography magazines.
> Most of them (particular the ones published in the U.S.) are basically
> shills for the camera companies.
>
> The only one which I found that appeared to seriously address
> technique and issues was the British publication, "Digital
> Photographer" .
>
> What other magazines out there are people reading and finding useful?

> Browning, Browning...
> On appuie là, et qu'est-ce qui sort
> Par le p'tit trou? Madame la Mort.
> "Browning"
> Edith Piaf

Playboy...... excellent images and I think they use a digital camera too.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 8:42:27 PM

BwaaaHaaaa, hilarious - LMAO!!
March 9, 2005 10:38:39 PM

In article <v8mr2159of6gmc89ue48h640dgiof6fasl@4ax.com>,
John A. Stovall <johnastovall@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I've been looking lately at the various digital photography magazines.
> Most of them (particular the ones published in the U.S.) are basically
> shills for the camera companies.
>
> The only one which I found that appeared to seriously address
> technique and issues was the British publication, "Digital
> Photographer" .
>
> What other magazines out there are people reading and finding useful?

You could take a look at an English publication Digital Photo
<http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/store/searchresults.asp...
hoto&sid=61&custid=09%4003%40200538257%40345809290&searchbut.x=21&searchb
ut.y=7> Sorry for such a long URL. They give away a free CD with pdf and
AVI movie tutorials every month. Also Adobe's Focus magazine if really
useful if you're using Photoshop.
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 10:38:40 PM

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 19:38:39 +0900, Stewy <anyone4tennis@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>In article <v8mr2159of6gmc89ue48h640dgiof6fasl@4ax.com>,
> John A. Stovall <johnastovall@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> I've been looking lately at the various digital photography magazines.
>> Most of them (particular the ones published in the U.S.) are basically
>> shills for the camera companies.
>>
>> The only one which I found that appeared to seriously address
>> technique and issues was the British publication, "Digital
>> Photographer" .
>>
>> What other magazines out there are people reading and finding useful?
>>

>You could take a look at an English publication Digital Photo
><http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/store/searchresults.asp...
>hoto&sid=61&custid=09%4003%40200538257%40345809290&searchbut.x=21&searchb
>ut.y=7> Sorry for such a long URL. They give away a free CD with pdf and
>AVI movie tutorials every month. Also Adobe's Focus magazine if really
>useful if you're using Photoshop.

That's the one which I liked...

"Les livres font les époques et les nations,
commes les époques et les nations font les livres."

_Mélanges littéraires_
Jean-Jacques Ampère
(1800-1864)
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 11:31:48 PM

John A. Stovall <johnastovall@earthlink.net> wrote:

> A newsgroup lacks visual images and examples of techniques to create a
> specific image which I found critical to understanding a visual art
> such as photography. After all this is an ASCII medium.

That is what URLs are for ... and a location to host your images.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse