My front audio on my case shoots straight to the back guard

Tanstar8820

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
My case is an X-Infinity that I bought many years ago from CyberPower. I have never really used the front panel audio before, but wanted to do some gaming while my 3rd shift wife was sleeping, but they don't seem to work. They probably did when I got them but I'm on my 3rd MB in this case. I also just added a sound card with front audio options.

My problem is that there are four cords running from the front audio/USB enclosure. Two are USB and are connected (and work), the other two head straight for the guard at the back of the case and come out the back as mic and speaker cords. Plugging them into the MB or SC mic-in and speaker-in jacks do nothing. There doesn't seem to be any way to connect it to my MB nor my SC.

Motherboard: ASRock K10N78M-PRO AM3/AM2+/AM2
Sound card: ASUS Xonar DG
Case: X-infinity bought years ago from CyberPower

Thanks for any help!

popatim

Titan
You need to plug that headphone jack into the headphone (or line) OUT jack. Unless your motherboard has a setting in the soundcard control panel to set one of the other ports as a headphone jack then your Front Panel would plug into where you plug in your speakers.

Tanstar8820

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
Since the only answer ignored part of my description, here's my answer. Buy a new front audio/USB panel that can connect directly to the soundcard or motherboard. You can find them for about $20 on Newegg.com