Are Canon S500 and S410 being Discontinued?

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 8, 2005 8:51:31 PM

The S500 and S410 are the only sub-compacts that use Compact Flash. Lately
I've seen them both at very low prices, and Amazon is "closing out" the
S500. I wonder if it's time to stock up on these, since it looks like the
last of the compact flash sub-compacts.
March 8, 2005 11:31:20 PM

The new replacement models, as you alluded to, use SD cards. I understand that
SD cards have limitations, and am glad that I have a Canon S500 with CF card.
I am happy with the pictures that it takes, up to 8 1/2 x 11 " still sharp and
with excellent color.

Morton

"Steven M. Scharf" wrote:

> The S500 and S410 are the only sub-compacts that use Compact Flash. Lately
> I've seen them both at very low prices, and Amazon is "closing out" the
> S500. I wonder if it's time to stock up on these, since it looks like the
> last of the compact flash sub-compacts.
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 4:44:54 AM

mort wrote:
> The new replacement models, as you alluded to, use SD cards. I understand that
> SD cards have limitations, and am glad that I have a Canon S500 with CF card.
> I am happy with the pictures that it takes, up to 8 1/2 x 11 " still sharp and
> with excellent color.
>
> Morton
>
> "Steven M. Scharf" wrote:
>

>>The S500 and S410 are the only sub-compacts that use Compact Flash. Lately
>>I've seen them both at very low prices, and Amazon is "closing out" the
>>S500. I wonder if it's time to stock up on these, since it looks like the
>>last of the compact flash sub-compacts.

All cards have limitations, but what, exactly do you mean by this? ANY
card will record the image as the camera gives it to the card. The card
has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with image quality.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
!