Your question

Booting Problem with graphics card

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Graphics Cards
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
June 13, 2012 3:31:22 AM

Hi guys. I just bought a Asus M5A78L-M LX motherboard, cause my last one stoped working. Só i instaled it and everything. Working fine. But when i tryed to put in my graphics card ATI Radeon HD 5750 ( bought 2 years ago) my pc just wont start. Even if the card is on but without power, the pc wont go. I need to take it off the PCI-E slot to work. I'd like to know if anyone has any information on the compatibility of this motherboard with grafics cards or any other help would be great!

Thanks.

More about : booting problem graphics card

a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a b U Graphics card
a c 717 V Motherboard
June 13, 2012 12:30:33 PM

Welcome to Tom's Forum! :) 

ASUS M5A78L-M LX - http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/M5A78LM_LX...

There's no 'compatibility' reason for the HD 5750 not to work and the MOBO to post. The typical HD 5750 has one 6-pin PCIe power connection that must be used and connected to the PSU to work. Therefore, make certain the GPU has it's 6-pin connected, and it's properly seated in the MOBO's PCIe slot (top-long dark blue slot) and the MOBO's PCIe lock is engaged.

If it fails then I would try the GPU installed in another PC to see it works. My feeling if properly connected (6-pin) and seated (PCIe slot) is that the HD 5750 is damaged -- RMA is under warranty.
m
l
June 13, 2012 3:11:11 PM

Yes, that is pretty much what i thought. Im gonna try to test the gpu on a friends computer. Ill also try the bios settings.... Maybe its confugred not to start with other gpus then the onboard one. I hope i can make it work, cause it is practcly the price of my whole pc (cpu, mobo, ram, cd, tower together), i dont want to have to buy another one ... Thank god i already had a hd.
Anyways, thanks for the reply. Ill post here if i find a solution.
m
l
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a b U Graphics card
a c 717 V Motherboard
June 13, 2012 3:26:53 PM

I looked at the manual when I first replied, by Default the GPU is initialized first. If it's the GPU then most are covered with a 3 year warranty and some longer...if it fails then RMA.
m
l