Which RAM to buy

Hi,

I've got 2 questions about RAM.

The first one:
Does somebody know some cheap 1600MHz CAS9 RAM 8GB? (For around the 40-50 euros)

The second one:
I already have 4GB installed which is of a different time (same clock and timings) but will they work. I know they won't go dual channel but will my system start?

Kind regards, Merccy
18 answers Last reply
More about which
  1. Well, u need to post the CPU, than its the right place to ask what RAM : )

Also, post link to that RAM.
  2. CPU: i7-2600K
    Motherboard: Sabertooth P67 rev 3.0
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CAS9
    Graphics card: GTX570 Direct CUI II
  3. Hmmmm The cheapers that i found so far are the G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    Why are the RAM prices increasing lol 4 months ago i bought 8GB Corsair vengeance for 40 euros
  4. I recommend CORSAIR Vengeance 99% of the time, quality RAM and low profile with XMP profile.
    And if u will get an aftermarket CPU cooler, low profile is the worry free remedy with perfect fit with any large cooler.
    CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233198
    Vengeance Low Profile heat spreaders have a reduced height of 1.03" (26.25mm). They're designed for high-performance systems with extra-large CPU coolers, small form factor system builds, or any other space-constrained application where standard Vengeance memory might not fit.
  5. Or...

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233196
    Vengeance Low Profile heat spreaders have a reduced height of 1.03" (26.25mm). They're designed for high-performance systems with extra-large CPU coolers, small form factor system builds, or any other space-constrained application where standard Vengeance memory might not fit.
  6. Wow Thanks, you are right. I use 2 fans on my cooler and can only fit in 3 ram sticks because 1 was/is blocked. At the moment i am looking at this one CML8GX3M2A1600C9B. I can get it for 48 euros. Another question for you. My motherboard got a layout like this: A1-B1-A2-B2, the current ram stick is in B1 can i put it in A2 (without using A1) So the ram can run dual channel in B1-B2
  7. Recommended memory configurations

A2 + B2
  8. I am using the blue edition, works fine and using it as a RAM disc too.
  9. Oh yeah but i named the slots wrong haha, But is it possible to use A2-B2 with the new 2 sticks of ram and B1 for the other one??
  10. How many sticks are we talking about?
  11. i already have 1 4GB stick. (which is not the same as the one you listed). And the 2 sticks of the corsair vengeance low profile
  12. What is the stick?
    Link...

It may not be compatible.

Should not mix, if it is not the same model.

Should be the same voltage 1.5V !!!
  13. It is the same voltage (range 1.5 to 1.5) I dont have a link but this is the number: CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 (it were 2 sticks but 1 is broken)
  14. Than, its all good.
  15. Thanks i will install the ram friday :) i will post a message how it is working ty :)

Oh one question: can they run dual channel mode? If i put the 2 low profile sticks in A-1 and B-1 and the other stick in A-2 (So that the 2 low profile will run dual channel and the other not) is that possible
  16. It will run in the flex mode, but its nothing to be worry about.

U wouldn't be able to tell in the real life, only benchmark could show something : )
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Dual Channel Product