Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Motherboard compatible with others

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 13, 2012 11:22:46 AM

I'm purchasing a Asrock B75 PRO3 LGA 1155 ATX intel motherboard, around 2-3days. so i was hoping someone can tell me anything wrong about this build concerning the motherboard. Only thing i know is that the CPU and motherboard is fit...




Case: NZXT Crafted Series Tempest 410 Elite Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.5GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Motherboard: ASRock B75 PRO3 LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Hardrive:: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
Video: EVGA 015-P3-1480-KR GeForce GTX 480 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Memory: Crucial CT2KIT51264BA1339 RAM 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) - DDR3
Optical Drives: LiteOn 24X iHAS124 DVD-Writer - Black - Internal Bulk

More about : motherboard compatible

a b å Intel
a c 435 V Motherboard
June 13, 2012 1:18:02 PM

Looks ok. You shouldn't have any issues since you won't be overclocking. At some point, I recommend you get an ssd for the boot device, such as the ocz agility 3 60 gb for $54.99 after rebate at newegg. I've had no problems with mine, and get a windows 7 experience score of 7.8.
m
0
l
June 13, 2012 1:42:01 PM

o1die said:
Looks ok. You shouldn't have any issues since you won't be overclocking. At some point, I recommend you get an ssd for the boot device, such as the ocz agility 3 60 gb for $54.99 after rebate at newegg. I've had no problems with mine, and get a windows 7 experience score of 7.8.



LOL! I was just looking at that, also I'm switching my power supply. NOT SURE IF IT IS compatible BUT I need it for my graphics card...minimum is 600W -.-


**PSU: COOLMAX NW-650B 650W ATX12V v2.2 SLI Ready / CrossFire Ready and Compatible with Core i3/i5/i7 Power Supply
Motherboard: ASRock B75 PRO3 LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard


**Hard drive:: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

OR Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive


Memory: Crucial CT2KIT51264BA1339 RAM 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) - DDR3

SSD: OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-60G 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive



Im unsure to stay with this caviar blue hardrive nd SSD or Black WD 1TB and this SSD
m
0
l
Related resources
a b å Intel
a c 716 V Motherboard
June 13, 2012 2:10:59 PM

PSU - Running a GTX 480 you'll need a 600W~650W PSU; e.g. SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W

RAM - If you're gaming I would opt for a kit with a heat sink; e.g. Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 Model 996995

HDD: The Blue are fine for most storage uses, but as a boot HDD are slow and 500GB for gaming gets used up faster than you'd think; e.g. HDD's:
1TB - Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB
2TB - (slow) Seagate Barracuda Green ST2000DL003 2TB 5900 RPM 64MB
2TB - Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB

DVD - ASUS 24X DVD Burner - 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM

GPU - I 'get' the GTX 480 is on sale...I'm kind of wishy-washy about getting one 'now' it's 2 generations old. The choice would be HD 7950 less power, lower temps and OC.
m
0
l
a b å Intel
a c 716 V Motherboard
June 13, 2012 2:13:33 PM

I was looking-up stuff and double-checking. No doubt an SSD + HDD is ideal, but IMO anything less than 120~128GB is a sidestep. You will run out of SSD space is no time flat.
m
0
l
June 13, 2012 2:51:45 PM

jaquith said:
PSU - Running a GTX 480 you'll need a 600W~650W PSU; e.g. SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W

RAM - If you're gaming I would opt for a kit with a heat sink; e.g. Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 Model 996995

HDD: The Blue are fine for most storage uses, but as a boot HDD are slow and 500GB for gaming gets used up faster than you'd think; e.g. HDD's:
1TB - Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB
2TB - (slow) Seagate Barracuda Green ST2000DL003 2TB 5900 RPM 64MB
2TB - Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB

DVD - ASUS 24X DVD Burner - 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM

GPU - I 'get' the GTX 480 is on sale...I'm kind of wishy-washy about getting one 'now' it's 2 generations old. The choice would be HD 7950 less power, lower temps and OC.



**Okay im taking that memory...my total is now $817


MY psu is only $56 nd has more watts...at newegg..

then Ill stay away from SSDs. I was only planning to use it to hold Windows 7 Ultimate and School stuff. and the hard drive for my games.


Location of purchases. Keep in mind though i havent purchased anything yet


Case:Amazon$70
CPU:Newegg$200
PSU:56$newegg
MotherBoard:newegg$89
Hardrive:Newegg$120
Video card:amazon$210
DVD:amazon$23
mem:newegg$49

$817

with SDD from newegg
$873


If im not getting a SSD, should make get a Black WD 1TB as my only hard drive?

i couldnt understand what u meant about the DVD....asus part.
m
0
l
a b å Intel
a c 716 V Motherboard
June 13, 2012 3:19:32 PM

I only wish it was about 'Watts' in reality it's all about Amps, but most folks don't understand what makes a good vs bad PSU.

SeaSonic M12II 620 (cost is modular)
+3.3V@24A, +5V@24A, +12V1@24A, +12V2@24A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@2.5A

COOLMAX NW-650B (cheap is Watts with no power)
+3.3V@25A, +5V@25A, +12V1@16A, +12V2@16A, +12V3@16A, -12V@0.5A, +5VSB@2.5A

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 (non-modular)
+3.3V@25A, +5V@25A, +12V@53A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@3.0A

You're saying money in the wrong places. In a PSU you want both power and fault protection (PFC), Japanese capacitors, single rail if possible and factor-in capacitor aging.
m
0
l
June 13, 2012 3:43:04 PM

jaquith said:
I only wish it was about 'Watts' in reality it's all about Amps, but most folks don't understand what makes a good vs bad PSU.

SeaSonic M12II 620 (cost is modular)
+3.3V@24A, +5V@24A, +12V1@24A, +12V2@24A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@2.5A

COOLMAX NW-650B (cheap is Watts with no power)
+3.3V@25A, +5V@25A, +12V1@16A, +12V2@16A, +12V3@16A, -12V@0.5A, +5VSB@2.5A

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 (non-modular)
+3.3V@25A, +5V@25A, +12V@53A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@3.0A

You're saying money in the wrong places. In a PSU you want both power and fault protection (PFC), Japanese capacitors, single rail if possible and factor-in capacitor aging.


ouch Seasonic it is then. total is $907 ._. anyway to drop it?

m
0
l
a b å Intel
a c 716 V Motherboard
June 13, 2012 3:59:18 PM

Either the SeaSonic M12II 620 (cleaner look) or CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 (non-modular/savings) is fine...
m
0
l
June 14, 2012 2:11:43 AM

jaquith said:
Either the SeaSonic M12II 620 (cleaner look) or CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 (non-modular/savings) is fine...


I get what you mean now, thanks for clearing that up!

also i was thinking maybe a HD 7850?
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2 GB DDR5 HDMI/DVI-I/Dual Mini DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 11200-00-20G


and get lower PSU like a

rosewill HIVE 550 550W :http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

or

SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply :http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
!