First time pc builder

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Well, I thought one time I heard it is bad to clean computer case fans with compressed air, b/c its bad for the fan motor when the fan blade spins while spraying it with canned air? Please help!

Zenthar

Distinguished
Or clean the PC when the PC is turned off so the fan motor won't be on ...

Me I just clean them with a toothbrush (you know the one the dentist give you but you rarely use because they are so bad) and/or Q-Tips.

We have a few [strike]toothbrushes[/strike] computer fan cleaners around the office. Even stock the 5 minute hourglass timer (two pictured in box). I recommend the 5 minute hourglass sand timer to aid in applying the proper time, 5 minutes, it takes to properly clean[strike] teeth [/strike]a case fan. I also stock a truckload of hospital quality Q tips. Just the usual case fan checkup and regular cleaning stuff. What is the maximum amount of RAM a 32 bit OS will address? Pull yourself together man. :)

1000829a.jpg

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
well first i would suggest you to turn the PC off and then take them out of the case clean the fan area with some clothes,you can use a cleaner too.
then use a tooth brush or a very small cloth (like the size of a screen cleaners) thats what i use lol,
and then for the FAN you could use a cotton bud but be carefull dont press the fan too much while you clean it in case you damage it and then it will be noisy.thats what i use theyre very good