Solved

Gaming comp AMD vs Intel

AMD Phenom II x6 1100T
OR
Intel i7 2600k

and why, I value your opinion for my build
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming comp intel
  1. You should really compare the 2500k to the x6. And 2500k BY A LONG SHOT. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/203?vs=288 As you can see, not even a fair contest.

    Might I ask about the rest of your build?
  2. The X6 series isnt great at much, and since you can get the 2500k for about the same amount its not even a decent value anymore, get the 2500k, its better at many things.
  3. AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition $180
    Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 XMS 8GB DDR3 RAM (2 x 4gb) $80 TigerDirect
    SIGMA PHANTOM PHANTOM-WB Black 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $60
    HITACHI Deskstar 7K3000 HDS723015BLA642 $65
    Windows 7 64 Home premium $100
    MSI 870S-G46 $80
    MSI AMD Radeon 6850 $150
    CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 $80
    optical drives $40
    Flash card reader $17
    Wireless lan card $25


    Ok so u convinced me Intel is better now,
    2500k or 2600k cause they have a $80 difference
  4. For games, you will not notice a difference with either processor, so get the 2500K and put that extra $80 towards a better graphics card or something.
  5. Also get 1.5V RAM, not 1.6 or 1.65v.
  6. fb39ca4 said:
    For games, you will not notice a difference with either processor, so get the 2500K and put that extra $80 towards a better graphics card or something.

    Sorry to tell you bro, but the i7 is $300, the 1090 is $180...
  7. The 2500k is $220. It's just as good as the i7 in gaming and completely smokes the 1090t.
  8. Actually go for a 955+better GPU (HD6870/6950 or GTX560/570) in your case.
    However nice the SBs are, with a 6850 its not really going to shine.
  9. Timop said:
    Actually go for a 955+better GPU (HD6870/6950 or GTX560/570) in your case.
    However nice the SBs are, with a 6850 its not really going to shine.

    My parents are now going to buy me 2 computers:
    1. from HP (my main one) w/ 2600k. In all honesty I REALLY want an AMD processor just cause my first comp was an AMD, but i'm willing for change
    and
    2. Parts from newegg for me to build my own
  10. Why 2? It'd be better to invest solely in your own PC rather than get a crappy one and a good one.
  11. r0aringdrag0n said:
    My parents are now going to buy me 2 computers:
    1. from HP (my main one) w/ 2600k. In all honesty I REALLY want an AMD processor just cause my first comp was an AMD, but i'm willing for change
    and
    2. Parts from newegg for me to build my own

    If you really want AMD, wait for BD in the coming months so you can get the best and brightest.
    AMD CPUs right now are only competing well in mid-range/budget, and their high-ends are pretty bad for gaming.
  12. why would the bulldozer preform better?
  13. Because its a new CPU on a new process and new architecture, like Sandy bridge vs Nehalem.
  14. striker410 said:
    Why 2? It'd be better to invest solely in your own PC rather than get a crappy one and a good one.

    Cause my parents think it's not ok to spend more than $1000 on ONE computer, so no matter what, I'm not getting a better computer than the one from HP
  15. r0aringdrag0n said:
    Cause my parents think it's not ok to spend more than $1000 on ONE computer, so no matter what, I'm not getting a better computer than the one from HP

    $1000 builds you a great computer if you do it yourself though...
  16. Timop said:
    $1000 builds you a great computer if you do it yourself though...

    Exactly what I was thinking.
  17. I have the EXACT same thought as you, my build would be 200 dollars cheaper than pre-built but HP is offering a 25% off...can't compete with that...
  18. Would you mind listing the specs of the HP and the price?
    If you cheap out on everything non-essential like the HP you should be able to undercut even the 25%, but you wouldn't want to do that. :<
  19. Best answer
    Very few games right now will take advantage of more than 3 threads. Because of this the value for hyper-threading or more then 4 cores are very limited in gaming. So for gaming right now the Intel® Core™ i5-2500K is about the best processor that you can get your hands on. In terms of value and performance it is almost unbeatable.

    Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
  20. Best answer selected by r0aringdrag0n.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gaming Intel i7 AMD Intel Phenom Systems