Wait til 2005 to get the DS. There is only 1 good game.

Might as well wait to get the DS til 2005.

There's only one good game out for it right now: Mario 64.

A pretty sad launch if you ask me. Mario can only take you so far.

Playing Final Fantasy 1 & 2 on mine. Got a new DS and I'm playing a GBA game
on it.

---
More about wait 2005 good game

    Its better this way, by the time the good games come out I will be able
    to easily get one and punks wont be able to rip kids off on ebay by
    buying out stocks and gigging them.

    Besides, people who want to buy a gameboy now can get the DS and play
    GBA games instead of buying a SP and then having to upgrade later.

    The DS launch was pretty low-key but at least it doesn't have the honor of
    having the title of worst launch, the PS2 has that right all by itself.

    Heh, who needs handhelds when you can play FF 1&2 on an emulator... I never
    got to play these games way back then, wasn't an RPG fan until Mystic Quest
    came out. But overall, its pretty hard game to put down.

    On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 03:54:09 GMT, "llib" <willgignospam@sbcglobal.net>
    wrote:

    >Might as well wait to get the DS til 2005.

    I really wouldn't say this is true: GBA games look quite a bit better
    on a DS than on an SP. That right there is a reason to upgrade (to
    me, at least.) You get to enjoy your GBA games on a better screen
    now, and you're all ready for the DS games when more of them come down
    the pike.

    And anyone out there who's still playing on an original GBA (pre-SP),
    it would probably be much more economical to upgrade to the DS now
    than to migrate through the SP, since I doubt the DS is going to drop
    significantly in price any time soon.

    And if you need a third reason: the DS is freaking sweet.

    "llib" <willgignospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Might as well wait to get the DS til 2005.
    >
    > There's only one good game out for it right now: Mario 64.

    Actually...I don't agree - there are a couple decent games and more in the
    next few weeks. Right now : Mario 64, Urbz, Mr.Driller, Ridge Racer (12/7),
    Rayman DS (12/14) and Ping Pals (12/7) - not a game exactly but looks
    interesting...

    Of course there is also the fact that gameboy games look better on the DS -
    but the DS does not support SP wireless connections or link cable so you
    still need your SP if you are playing anything multiplayer.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Actually I thought Feel the Magic was pretty fun. It is also a great game
    to show off what your new touch screen is capable of.

    HDTV games lists and discussions
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com

    "llib" <willgignospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Might as well wait to get the DS til 2005.
    >
    > There's only one good game out for it right now: Mario 64.
    >
    > A pretty sad launch if you ask me. Mario can only take you so far.
    >
    > Playing Final Fantasy 1 & 2 on mine. Got a new DS and I'm playing a GBA
    > game on it.
    >

    > ---

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > Actually I thought Feel the Magic was pretty fun. It is also a great
    > game to show off what your new touch screen is capable of.
    >
    > HDTV games lists and discussions
    > http://www.hdtvarcade.com
    >

    > "llib" <willgignospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >> Might as well wait to get the DS til 2005.
    >>
    >> There's only one good game out for it right now: Mario 64.
    >>
    >> A pretty sad launch if you ask me. Mario can only take you so far.
    >>
    >> Playing Final Fantasy 1 & 2 on mine. Got a new DS and I'm playing a
    >> GBA game on it.
    >>

    >> ---

    Did I read correctly, that Feel The Magic also helps unlock some
    features from some Sega GBA games?
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    TheLightsAreOn <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in

    > Did I read correctly, that Feel The Magic also helps unlock some
    > features from some Sega GBA games?

    Not sure quite how to parse that. FtM has some easter eggs that unlock if
    the appropriate Sega GBA game is in the DS as well. It doesn't unlock
    anything in your GBA games; rather your GBA games unlock things in FtM.

    GEo
    --
    George Mealer
    geo*AT*snarksoft*DOT*com

    "Alright, it's Saturday night...I have no date, a two-liter bottle
    of Shasta, and my all-Rush mix tape. Let's rock!" -- Philip J. Fry
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > TheLightsAreOn <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in
    >
    >> Did I read correctly, that Feel The Magic also helps unlock some
    >> features from some Sega GBA games?
    >
    > Not sure quite how to parse that. FtM has some easter eggs that
    > unlock if the appropriate Sega GBA game is in the DS as well. It
    > doesn't unlock anything in your GBA games; rather your GBA games
    > unlock things in FtM.
    >
    > GEo

    That would make more sence. Thanks.

Console Gaming Til Games Video Games Product