Wait til 2005 to get the DS. There is only 1 good game.

Last response: in Video Games
December 2, 2004 6:54:09 AM

Might as well wait to get the DS til 2005.

There's only one good game out for it right now: Mario 64.

A pretty sad launch if you ask me. Mario can only take you so far.

Playing Final Fantasy 1 & 2 on mine. Got a new DS and I'm playing a GBA game
on it.

---
December 2, 2004 6:54:10 AM

Its better this way, by the time the good games come out I will be able
to easily get one and punks wont be able to rip kids off on ebay by
buying out stocks and gigging them.

Besides, people who want to buy a gameboy now can get the DS and play
GBA games instead of buying a SP and then having to upgrade later.
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 7:25:34 AM

The DS launch was pretty low-key but at least it doesn't have the honor of
having the title of worst launch, the PS2 has that right all by itself.

Heh, who needs handhelds when you can play FF 1&2 on an emulator... I never
got to play these games way back then, wasn't an RPG fan until Mystic Quest
came out. But overall, its pretty hard game to put down.

"llib" <willgignospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Might as well wait to get the DS til 2005.
>
> There's only one good game out for it right now: Mario 64.
>
> A pretty sad launch if you ask me. Mario can only take you so far.
>
> Playing Final Fantasy 1 & 2 on mine. Got a new DS and I'm playing a GBA
game
> on it.
>

> ---

Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 12:42:33 PM

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 03:54:09 GMT, "llib" <willgignospam@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>Might as well wait to get the DS til 2005.

I really wouldn't say this is true: GBA games look quite a bit better
on a DS than on an SP. That right there is a reason to upgrade (to
me, at least.) You get to enjoy your GBA games on a better screen
now, and you're all ready for the DS games when more of them come down
the pike.

And anyone out there who's still playing on an original GBA (pre-SP),
it would probably be much more economical to upgrade to the DS now
than to migrate through the SP, since I doubt the DS is going to drop
significantly in price any time soon.

And if you need a third reason: the DS is freaking sweet.
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 10:19:57 PM

"llib" <willgignospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Might as well wait to get the DS til 2005.
>
> There's only one good game out for it right now: Mario 64.

Actually...I don't agree - there are a couple decent games and more in the
next few weeks. Right now : Mario 64, Urbz, Mr.Driller, Ridge Racer (12/7),
Rayman DS (12/14) and Ping Pals (12/7) - not a game exactly but looks
interesting...

Of course there is also the fact that gameboy games look better on the DS -
but the DS does not support SP wireless connections or link cable so you
still need your SP if you are playing anything multiplayer.
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 11:35:15 PM

Actually I thought Feel the Magic was pretty fun. It is also a great game
to show off what your new touch screen is capable of.

HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

"llib" <willgignospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Might as well wait to get the DS til 2005.
>
> There's only one good game out for it right now: Mario 64.
>
> A pretty sad launch if you ask me. Mario can only take you so far.
>
> Playing Final Fantasy 1 & 2 on mine. Got a new DS and I'm playing a GBA
> game on it.
>

> ---

December 2, 2004 11:35:16 PM

> Actually I thought Feel the Magic was pretty fun. It is also a great
> game to show off what your new touch screen is capable of.
>
> HDTV games lists and discussions
> http://www.hdtvarcade.com
>

> "llib" <willgignospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Might as well wait to get the DS til 2005.
>>
>> There's only one good game out for it right now: Mario 64.
>>
>> A pretty sad launch if you ask me. Mario can only take you so far.
>>
>> Playing Final Fantasy 1 & 2 on mine. Got a new DS and I'm playing a
>> GBA game on it.
>>

>> ---

Did I read correctly, that Feel The Magic also helps unlock some
features from some Sega GBA games?
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 3:15:22 AM

TheLightsAreOn <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in

> Did I read correctly, that Feel The Magic also helps unlock some
> features from some Sega GBA games?

Not sure quite how to parse that. FtM has some easter eggs that unlock if
the appropriate Sega GBA game is in the DS as well. It doesn't unlock
anything in your GBA games; rather your GBA games unlock things in FtM.

GEo
--
George Mealer
geo*AT*snarksoft*DOT*com

"Alright, it's Saturday night...I have no date, a two-liter bottle
of Shasta, and my all-Rush mix tape. Let's rock!" -- Philip J. Fry
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 3:15:23 AM

> TheLightsAreOn <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in
>
>> Did I read correctly, that Feel The Magic also helps unlock some
>> features from some Sega GBA games?
>
> Not sure quite how to parse that. FtM has some easter eggs that
> unlock if the appropriate Sega GBA game is in the DS as well. It
> doesn't unlock anything in your GBA games; rather your GBA games
> unlock things in FtM.
>
> GEo

That would make more sence. Thanks.
!