Nvidia dead/defective/semi-working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disendant

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Hello,
I have been gaming with my Nvidia Geforce GT 130M CUDA.
Recently, while I was gaming, my screen went blank and I had tp force shut down as it wasn't responding.
When I have rebooted it, my resolution has changed, I can't find my control panel for Nvidia and I cannot change to "Increased Performance" in the taskbar. Yes the nvidia icon still remains in the taskbar while the control panel for Nvidia is gone.
In BIOS, it did mention something in the "VGA Bios Version" (No clue what it is) which was "nvidia N10P-GE1 VER 2.94.7A.00.10"
Any solutions on how to get back my nVidia back up and running again? :<

Solution
Oops, my mistake.It thought it was an OEM GT 130. It might be a problem of overheating. I would get the laptop checked at the service centre, as you can't really do much when a laptop GPU gives you hiccups.

disendant

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011

I have done numerous system restores but it still hasn't fixed the problem. Also when I try to re-install my drivers, the Nvidia Installer cannot detect my nvidia chip/card.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
Oops, my mistake.It thought it was an OEM GT 130. It might be a problem of overheating. I would get the laptop checked at the service centre, as you can't really do much when a laptop GPU gives you hiccups.

Solution

disendant

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Thanks for the advice!
I'll try take it to the service center and see if they can repair it...
If not...I'm uncertain what to do.

Oh and too early to choose "Best Answer"?

Status
Not open for further replies.