Design Flaw in DS

I find that there is one key design flaw in the nintendo DS and it's the
location of the power button. I play Madden 2005 DS and I've hit the power
button several times during play. IMHO having the power button right above
the directional pad is not good. A location similar to that of the Gameboy
advance would have been fine.

But I still love my DS and wish I could use it with my Gamecube to play
Final Fantasy with my kids.
5 answers Last reply
More about design flaw

    "Mynewsreader" <Do Not Replay to mynewsreader@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > I find that there is one key design flaw in the nintendo DS and it's the
    > location of the power button. I play Madden 2005 DS and I've hit the
    power
    > button several times during play. IMHO having the power button right
    above
    > the directional pad is not good. A location similar to that of the
    Gameboy
    > advance would have been fine.
    >
    > But I still love my DS and wish I could use it with my Gamecube to play
    > Final Fantasy with my kids.

    Haven't accidently turned the DS's power off (yet), but --- how is Madden
    2005 DS?

    "Mynewsreader" <Do Not Replay to mynewsreader@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >I find that there is one key design flaw in the nintendo DS and it's the
    >location of the power button. I play Madden 2005 DS and I've hit the power
    >button several times during play. IMHO having the power button right above
    >the directional pad is not good. A location similar to that of the Gameboy
    >advance would have been fine.

    You have a fat thumb? :)

    Gary.

    "Gary" <g@g.com> wrote in message
    > "Mynewsreader" <Do Not Replay to mynewsreader@verizon.net> wrote in
    > message news:J6Isd.1122$eq6.549@trndny08...
    >>I find that there is one key design flaw in the nintendo DS and it's the
    >>location of the power button. I play Madden 2005 DS and I've hit the
    >>power button several times during play. IMHO having the power button
    >>right above the directional pad is not good. A location similar to that
    >>of the Gameboy advance would have been fine.
    >

    > You have a fat thumb? :)
    >
    > Gary.

    I was leaning toward my left handedness.

    It's good. Way better then the one for the Gameboy Advance.

    "Eric" <none@nospam.not> wrote in message

    > "Mynewsreader" <Do Not Replay to mynewsreader@verizon.net> wrote in
    > message
    >> I find that there is one key design flaw in the nintendo DS and it's the
    >> location of the power button. I play Madden 2005 DS and I've hit the
    > power
    >> button several times during play. IMHO having the power button right
    > above
    >> the directional pad is not good. A location similar to that of the
    > Gameboy
    >> advance would have been fine.
    >>
    >> But I still love my DS and wish I could use it with my Gamecube to play
    >> Final Fantasy with my kids.
    >
    > Haven't accidently turned the DS's power off (yet), but --- how is Madden
    > 2005 DS?

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > >> But I still love my DS and wish I could use it with my Gamecube to play
    > >> Final Fantasy with my kids.
    > >
    > > Haven't accidently turned the DS's power off (yet), but --- how is
    Madden
    > > 2005 DS?
    >
    > It's good. Way better then the one for the Gameboy Advance.

    Didn't care too much for GBA Madden 2004. Bought it at full retail ($30),
    so now am a little hesitant about Madden on a handheld.

Console Gaming Power Video Games