Intel new budjet gaming build

Status
Not open for further replies.

izhan22

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
i am planing to build a gaming pc with as low budjet as i can.
with this H67 chipset

my pc build is

Socket LGA1155
1)Name of motherboard
asus P8H67-M EVO ---->http://in.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H67M_EVO/
asus P8H67-M PRO ---->http://in.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H67M_PRO/
asus P8H67-V ---->http://in.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H67V/
asus P8H67-M LE ---->http://in.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H67M_LE/

2)Name of processor
I5 2500k ---->http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=52210

3)Name of graphic card
nvidia sparkle gts 450 (1gb) ddr5

4)overclocking : NO

5)SLI/CFX :NO

i will look after other items, but please help me in choosing the above pointed parts of this build

Main thing i want to say is:
i dont want to overclock with processor like wise dont want to use sli/CFX with graphics.but i have fear can my system build play nice games . i am not an extreme gamer but like to play games like mafia2 and gta4 like similar games.

i mean if is this motherboards good for games.i want you to help and give me suggestions about motherboards.because i saw on internet most people saying to go for p67 than h67 for gaming
is there really much difference for the p67 motherboards compared to the h67 mobo that i selected above

i know my graphics card is low but
i am planning to change to gtx460 nvidia card if i save more money

REASON : The reason i want to use the h67 because is
if at any time if graphics card dont work, i mean i can take that card out and give it to repair while my system can still work for other things

please please give me your suggestions,and sorry for my grammar and hope you got understood what type of computer exactly i want to play with.

Solution
CPU:
Save some money by changing from i5 2500k to i5 2400. Saves you $30.
You don't plan on overclocking so no point in spending money on the K series CPU.

Video card:
Cheapest 450 GTS's are about $80 after rebate. so it means you would have about 105 to 120 maybe for video card.
That lets you get a Radeon 6770 for example which is in that range.
If you can manage to spend $140, the Radeon 6850 would be a great buy for you.

If you want to go with NVidia 550Ti is around that $120 with rebates.
Same with GTX460 768MB versions.

MB:
unless you need a micro atx board, i would recommend

GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 $129
It's $10 more expensive than the P8H67-M PRO, but actually uses Z68 chipset giving you the best of both worlds P67...
I wouldn't consider the P8H67-V or the P8H67-M LE just because it would leave you with fewer RAM configuration options.

There's really not a big difference between the Pro and the EVO beside a couple of PCI slots (do people still use these for anything?) and firewire.

If you need firewire, go with the EVO. If you don't, go with the PRO and save a few bucks and get a couple more USB 2.0 connections.

rvilkman

Distinguished
CPU:
Save some money by changing from i5 2500k to i5 2400. Saves you $30.
You don't plan on overclocking so no point in spending money on the K series CPU.

Video card:
Cheapest 450 GTS's are about $80 after rebate. so it means you would have about 105 to 120 maybe for video card.
That lets you get a Radeon 6770 for example which is in that range.
If you can manage to spend $140, the Radeon 6850 would be a great buy for you.

If you want to go with NVidia 550Ti is around that $120 with rebates.
Same with GTX460 768MB versions.

MB:
unless you need a micro atx board, i would recommend

GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 $129
It's $10 more expensive than the P8H67-M PRO, but actually uses Z68 chipset giving you the best of both worlds P67 and H67.
Also supports SLI and Crossfire.

Solution

izhan22

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011

thank you very much for the valuable suggestions

could you pls tell me about the motherboard
are the EVO and PRO good for gaming ??

izhan22

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011

i am very much pleased with your suggestion
you gave me the wright path to go with
little -light -end -processor compared to the one i chose, i have decided to go with yours

can you pls tell any similar asus board of z68
i like asus so could you pls ......

are z68/h67/p67 going to have to good gaming performances ...??

doe

rvilkman

Distinguished
Unfortunately Asus does not have a budget Z68 board, the cheapest they have is like $189.

As for your gaming performance, P8H67-M EVO or P8H67-M Pro you had listed will work great for you.
The evo as suggested above gives you slightly more connectivity options.

If you want to spend the extra to get an ASUS Z68 board, ASUS P8Z68-V ATX Intel Motherboard will work for gaming just fine.
The one thing it doesn't have is a firewire connection. The downside in general is the cost at $179.99

izhan22

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011

thanks again for the fast reply
i did not knew there exist a technology called virtua which could switch the gpu of processor with the dedicated graphics thanks to you for providing about that knowledge to mee,

Mean while i went on gigabyte website and saw a good motherboard on z68 chipset.
i kept in mind that to get a "k" series cpu we should have a good board.

so i came to conclusion to drop my video card for now and purchase a good cpu and motherboard for now

so pls help me i came down with one on one comparision with these two
asus p8h67-m evo (vs) gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

i am very much thankful to you for the quick reply you give.......
if you could provide me any good links comparision of these two boards ,i would be more happy

and one more question if i choose a gigabyte board with model as above and "k" series cpu can i be able to get a slight slight overclock.(i dont want to do it,but want to clear this thing ,say like future proofing......)
asus p8h67-m evo vs gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

shadow1942

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
why bother getting a z68 board or a "k" model processor if you don't plan to overclock?

just get a h67 board it will save you some cash anyway, same with the CPU just get the i2500 non k model. You can still use turbo boost to boost non k models from 3.3-3.7 or 4.1 (can't remember). The only reason you'd buy the z68 is to future proof a little as it allows overclocking if you ever want to and SLI video cards (can only use one videocard on H67 board).

P67 overclocking
H67 onboard gpu (limited to 1 discreet videocard)
Z68 both and supports SLI

I'd go with the asus PRO over the gigabyte (has pretty good reviews) or maybe check out Asrock usually a little cheaper and get good reviews.

izhan22

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011

hey i went on some articles on lucid virtu technology
i could not understand clearly

can u please tell me in brief
if assume that the display cable is attached to the vga/dvi of the motherboard and we are watching videos or listening to songs,

Do we need to switch the cable from on board vga/dvi output to the gpu output when we need to play a game,or this happens automatically irrespective of concern where the cable is connected

i saw some reports about lucid virtu technology
is it good or bad ?
i could not understand the point with dropping in frames

i am providing you some links

if you could suggest me any good links i would be pleased

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4199/lucids-virtu-enables-simultaneous-integrateddiscrete-gpu-on-sandy-bridge-platforms

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/motherboards/2011/05/13/what-is-the-intel-z68-chipset/4

i came across a ASrock manual where something about lucid virtu is written
but still it is too not clear

any help regarding this is very appreciated

pls answer the above questions i asked
i am more towards i5200k and this gigabyte board
if your opinion stays postive about this power efficient technology

rvilkman

Distinguished
Basically virtu lets you use the hardware encoder on the integrated graphics part of your i3/i5/i7 CPU to transcode videos.
It generally does it 2-3 times faster than the CPU itself.

Because an additional SW layer is added, it will cost some performance. The higher the FPS ( frames per second, the more it well cost framewise ) so thus the example that 100FPS might go to 89FPS and so on. Where as it's really a minor issue at lower FPS's.

However that is just an option, and if you don't need to do transcoding, you also don't need to run Virtu.
So you can plug your cable to the back of the video card like normal and use it to it's full ability.
Having that board and the Z68 just gives you the option to use Virtu if you need to.

The Z68 also allows you to overclock the K series CPU's such as the i5 2500k and i7 2600k.
And it also allows you to adjust the memory timings and MHz of your memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.