ATI 6850 No signal

donsangha

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
Hello as the thread name sugggests I am having problem with my 6850 gpu and could realy use some help. I have been using it for 4 months and it has worked fine with no problems at all. I went away camping for the weekend and when I returned and turned my computer on I was getting a no signal image on my 1080p monitor. no one has used my pc whilst I was away. I am connecting it via HDMI but I am getting a no signal this way and also when I switch to DVI. It is not the monitor or cable as the monitor with the same HDMI cable works when connected to a Virgin HD box. The card fan is spinning on properly and sounds the same as it always do so I have no idea what the problem could be.

Thanx

Kari

Splendid
Does it actually POST and load up windows like normal? So you'd get a single short beep for succesful post and lots of hdd activity when windows is loaded..
or
does it just sit there spinning the fans doing nothing else with no beeps? In this case the PSU could be toast (still some life left on the 12V rails to spin the fans but no voltages on the 3.3 or 5V rails preventing boot) or some power cables have gotten loose on the mobo (24pin main and 4/8pin eps power).

donsangha

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
You can hear the hdd so im assuming windows is loading up. Power supply should be fine. No beeps off gpu just fan running fine and of course heating to about 40 C. Tried reonnecting all wires several times

Kari

Splendid
so you dont get any beeps at all? You should get one short beep if everything was fine. No beeps at all indicates the system isn't even starting the Power On Self Test, thus putting blame on to the psu.

TRENDING THREADS