PC Boots but no display.

G

I recently moved back home from university and set to putting my pc back in my room. I cleaned and rebuilt my system which is about a month old. Along side this I installed a Zalman VF3000-F Graphics Card Cooler (Nvidia GTX 465 / GTX 470) onto my 470 as I've been having some cooling problems with it.

I seated the card and turned my Pc on, the Pc booted, hard drive sounded as if it booted all fans and lights etc turned on but nothing appeared on my display(The monitor went to standby - no input mode)

Straight away I thought it was the GPU so I set to checked with and older 9800 GTX and the same thing happened (I also tried the inbuilt mobo card, same result) Still with little faith in this I set to re-seat everything, to my shock I found about 8-10 pins were bent in my AMD Phenom II Quadcore 955. I set to re-aligning the pins and managed all but 2 which I accidently snapped off.

After all this I re-seated it and got the same problem as before, I've also re-seated the Ram and unplugged/plugged in various other components. I understand that some pins on CPU's are just to help seating and don't matter but Im pretty sure that's the problem as nothing went wrong when I installed the GPU cooler on my Nivida 470, as the only thing I removed/touched were the existing radiator and fan.

Sorry for the 'run through' post, but I just wondered if anyone has any advice on what I should do now or what I should replace to solve the issue.

Thank you

r0aringdrag0n

Distinguished
Straight away I thought it was the GPU so I set to checked with and older 9800 GTX and the same thing happened (I also tried the inbuilt mobo card, same result) Still with little faith in this I set to re-seat everything, to my shock I found about 8-10 pins were bent in my AMD Phenom II Quadcore 955. I set to re-aligning the pins and managed all but 2 which I accidently snapped off.
There be your problem?

G

Yeah, obviously that's what I thought, I was just enquiring due to the amount of people who say it doesn't matter if you break/damage a few pins.

But yeah I guess its obvious if nothing else has shown to be a problem, thank you anyway.