Sign in with
Your question

Zalman 9900MAX installation pain!!!

Last response: in Components
September 22, 2011 10:13:59 PM

So I just got a Zalman 9900MAX CPU cooler and a Z68X-UD3H-B3 Gigabyte mobo. The problem I'm having is that the heatsink doesn't rest flat on the mobo, there is a few cm's gap between the screw holes in the mobo and the heatsink, and the screws that zalman provided aren't long enough. Does anyone else have similar experiences with said cooler, any solutions?
September 23, 2011 12:50:35 AM

While I like, and Have, the zalman 9900Max - I feel your pain. They should have provided slightly longer screws. The problem may be the "Unknown" space from back of MB to case.

Anyway I was able to get 3 of the screws started But that 4th one just would not go. I was real concerned about the pressure I was putting on it to get it started. So I said to heck with this, for that forth one I got a little longer screw and used a Nut.
m
l
September 23, 2011 11:01:34 AM

RetiredChief said:
While I like, and Have, the zalman 9900Max - I feel your pain. They should have provided slightly longer screws. The problem may be the "Unknown" space from back of MB to case.

Anyway I was able to get 3 of the screws started But that 4th one just would not go. I was real concerned about the pressure I was putting on it to get it started. So I said to heck with this, for that forth one I got a little longer screw and used a Nut.

Thank You for replying, but what do you suggest I do.
m
l
September 23, 2011 11:47:28 AM

Go to a hardware store n find yourself some appropriate screws.
m
l
!