Solved

What is a game computer?

What is your thought of the cheapest computer that is considered a "game computer". Include:
MoBo
CPU
graphics card
case
RAM
Power supply
Storage device

I want your input so I can make my own gaming computer
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what game computer
  1. This topic has been moved from the section Video Games to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  2. A game computer...lets see here. Do you want to know the relative price of the components in a game computer or do you want to know a few pieces of general hardware that aren't that high up in the price range?
  3. lowest price that you consider game computer
  4. $750 is probably your best bet to get started. Afterwards you can upgrade it.
    Motherboard - $150 - $200
    Hard Drive - $80
    Case - $100 - $200
    RAM - $80 - $150
    Power Supply - $90 - $150
    Operating System - $100 +(unless open source)
    Processor - $150 - $300
    DVD Drive - $30 - $50

That is just the base system of course.
  5. Best answer
    Check out http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/312823-13-bestconfigs-budget-based-gaming for some budget build, theres a $450ish one in there thats a good enough build for low gaming by lunyone I think it was
    Moto
  6. $750 is a slightly below-average gaming rig. You could do $500, but only if you were doing something like WoW and other lower power MMOs. It depends ENTIRELY on what you want to play, and how you want to play it.
  7. Best answer selected by r0aringdrag0n.
  8. Thanks for B.a. man,
    be prepared to alter the build as you need, better psu/graphics etc but as boiler said, something like that will more than do you for Wow etc,
    have fun and enjoy the build mate,
    Moto
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Computer Games Systems