Memory and RAM compatibility Question

Solution
Those will work fine; quad channel simply means they all come from the same batch, and should work well together or in pairs. I bought my ripjaws in pairs, and they still work fine in all four slots.
The RAM will work like he said, but I wouldn't say that Quad Channel means that its from the same batch. I would say it more means that they are guaranteed to be internally the same.

Most RAM makers will take RAM that is the same internally and sell it in packs of 1, 2, 3, or 4 for people that need different amounts of the same sort of thing.

As long as you know you are getting RAM that is the same internally, it doesn't matter in which combinations you get it. It could be a 4, or a 3 and a 1, or 2 packs of 2, 4 packs of 1, or whatever else.

I have never seen 2 packs of 2 fail to do quad channel if they are packs of the same type and the board isn't flawed itself.

Basically, I would just ignore anything a pack says about what channel it qualifies for. There is little to no value a person gets from looking at that information.

TRENDING THREADS