Sign in with
Your question

I need help with building a PC dedicated for Gaming.

Last response: in Systems
June 27, 2011 4:31:41 AM

I'm kind of new to building a PC. The problem is, I don't know what is decent with $400, maybe even $300. I want at the least better graphics and performance than the PS3. Please help me!
a b 4 Gaming
June 27, 2011 11:56:17 AM

for 300 bux your having a laugh... if you want better gfx then your gonna have to spend at least as much as a ps3 with a 250gig hdd and thats what $450ish

think $600 as your budget and if you can do that then come back.
m
l
June 27, 2011 12:22:13 PM

Quote:
I'm kind of new to building a PC. The problem is, I don't know what is decent with $400, maybe even $300. I want at the least better graphics and performance than the PS3. Please help me!

A copy of Win7 alone will set you back $100.

I would say the minimum you want to set aside for a "gaming" rig is $800-1000, not including monitor.
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
June 27, 2011 5:05:54 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Video Games to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
l
June 27, 2011 5:37:00 PM

If you want a gaming computer than it could range from $700 - $3000. $3000 is a bit high and you'll probably only get to that price if you want water cooling or liquid nitrogen cooling(if not higher). I would say that a good motherboard is going to range from $150 - $300, case is something personal so if you can tell us what you like in a case we can get you a better price range. Hard drives are not as pricey, but still with the case, decent motherboard and hard drive, you're already over your supposed price range. I would suggest looking around newegg.com, or tigerdirect.com, get a small theoretical build together, submit what you've found, then we will have a better way to get you in the right direction.
m
l
July 8, 2011 5:11:20 PM

It isn't that hard to get better hardware than the PS3 is it? I just want something better than the PS3, or at least have equal graphics.
m
l
July 8, 2011 6:00:12 PM

Well you are talking about making a new computer - something that runs programs, a web browser, something that you can upgrade. Much more than just something that you put a game disc into and play or use a mediocre web browser on. So yes it is pretty hard if not impossible to put together a gaming computer that has equal graphics of the PS3 for $300. If you get lucky that's what you'll find a motherboard and processor going for.
m
l
!