Why do I lag with new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyZeR

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Hi

I wanna know why I am lagging in games like Just Cause 2 and Dirt 3 and not beable to max it out on my sytem:

Intel i5 3550 3.3GHz Ivy Bridge
ASrock Z77 Pro 3
Corsair 4Gbx2 ram ddr 3 1600mhz
AMD HD 6870 1Gb
Windows 7 64bit
Huntkey 550W PSU

See I recently upgraded to this PC and I can't even max out Just Cause 2. It is all smooth when I look away from close up walls, but when I walks close to walls and buildings etc I start to lag en get 30fps and when I look away I get 60fps( V-sync enabled). Seems to me like something to do with the shadows that makes me lag in games. I wanna know is it my motherboard that is the problem, because I am new to ASrock and dont know them that well like ASUS. So I am wondering if its my motherboard that is not good enough or is it my PC that isnt good enough or is it my GPU IDK plz tell me. I seen people max out JC2 with a weaker PC than mine.

Thanx any comments will be appreciated

D

Deleted member 217926

Make sure you have the latest drivers for everything from the manufacturers websites.

Power supply should be fine. You could run 2 x HD 6870s off a decent 550w power supply.

AyZeR

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012

My brother has got:

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.6Ghz CPU
ATI HD 4870 2GB
Corsair HX or CX 850W PSU
ASUS Mobo (not sure of exact model)
2GBx4 ddr 3 RAm
Acer 20" screen
Zalman heatsink

He doesnt overclock or nothing.

I use 24" Samsung. 1920x1080.

AyZeR

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Still the same lag.. I see when i turn my shadow from high to low I get above 60fps and with SSOA off.. I got latest GPU drivers and mobo drivers.. But I have inserted my GPU in the PSI-E 3.0 slot instead of the 2.0 slot.. I tried putting it in the 2.0 slot and got worse performance from it than 3.0 and my card supports 2.0... I havent touched my GPU settings nothing.. So im clueless to what the problem is..

AyZeR

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
My Just Cause 2 game is cracked and has a shadow bug in it that causes the lag.. When i switch shadows off it plays smooth with everything maxed out.. But when shadows come on I lag and All my other legit games I play Online with I can max out fine except BF3 but I mean I can play Bf3 on High with 45-55fps so It must the game that is bugged.. cracked games always have errors and bugs etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.