Help Determining Bottleneck

jmills204

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Hey guys,
I'm fairly experienced at building PCs and knowing how components work, but I'd like a few second opinions on determining what the bottleneck in my PC is.
I'm trying to determine what the PC is waiting on when it pauses to "load".

Specs:
intel core i5-750 OC'd to 3.2 ghz stable (30 degrees idle)
4x 2gb sticks of G.Skill ripjaw memory @ 1600mhz
Asus P7P55D LGA 1156 Intel P55 (sata2 3gigabits/usb 2.0)
2 OCZ Vertex 60gb SSDs in RAID0 -->(116gb raid array)
nVidia geforce GTX 470 fermi 1.5gb

Now I know I/O is traditionally the bottleneck, which is why I have the SSDs. In your guy's opinions what do you think the config has to wait on? Is it still the hard disks? Or maybe the motherboard's Sata2 3gigabit limit? I find it hard to believe it would be the processor, ram, or video card.

I'm just curious what your guys opinions are, thanks in advance.

JM

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
everything appears to be aces. Depending on what you're doing with it, the GPU could have a bit more oomph, but certainly there's nothing wrong with it.

I do have to agree that the drives are usually the bottleneck but the setup you are running there seems pretty damn solid.

I think you've got a good setup

jmills204

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Thanks for the opinion internetlad.

@Timop
Yea I went back and forth before buying the second SSD for Raid, reading articles about Trim support/degradation blah blah. It's been about 8 months, and they do seem slower than when i first got them, but not very noticeably so.

As to your question, I reinstall OSs every 4 months or so, I've always assumed that would fix any filesystem problems as far as Trim goes. My question is, do you think I should recreate the actual Raid array in the BIOS? Because it is a hardware raid I can reinstall windows without redoing the raid, so I havent touched the raid array since I originally did it. Do you think I should recreate the array?