Status
Not open for further replies.

thegatekeeper

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
Hi guys, im looking for some good graphic card brands. I used to use BFG Tech before they disbanded, so now i am looking for something to replace them with. Iv always had good motherboards from Asus, and was planning on getting the 570 gtx from them to upgrade my 260. What do you guys think?

Also while we are at it, what are some good monitor brands?

I prefer XFX and EVGA for the lifetime warranty.

Asus is good, but they only offer 3yrs warranty.

You may say, well, I replace my card before 3 yrs anyways, maybe true but it really helps you to sell it when you have a transferrable lifetime warranty.

thegatekeeper

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007

Hehe, i normally just put the old ones away and never actually sell them!

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
That Asus is HUGE. Will take up 3 slots.... If you want to SLI in the future, you will have some issues without a big case. And I agree with GeekApproved, XFX and EVGA are the better cards most of the time. Quality of support and product has always been superier to anything else ive tried (I have a MSI GTX 460, and im not too sure im all that impressed :lol: ). Otherwise looks good.

I will say it anyways. Who cares about a lifetime warranty? If your card is dead after 3 years the actual worth of the card isn't there anymore and at that time a sub $100 can most likely perform on par with it. So that is never a selling point for me. I've had SEVERAL Asus card and have dealt with there support and it is good. I have never had outstanding tech support from anyone, then again maybe that is because I'm in the IT profession. But I do prefer Asus. They have been in the entire PC game for a long time. They also make some pretty wild coolers like you pointed out. That is probably my preferred card to get right now if I had not gotten one on day one.

I second the Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II

thegatekeeper

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007

The thing is that the store i buy from doesnt sell XFX or EVGA. I agree the card is big, but what about the monitor?

Some terms i need explained:

Mini-HDMI
Dual-Link DVI-I (is this the same as normal DVI?)
hdcp

Thanks!

XFX got out of the Nvidia game after the 200 series cards. They sold out to ATI/AMD. They should have kept both. EVGA is good, but no better than anyone else. I like ASUS and MSI for there innovative coolers. I like how they think in that perspective. The DirectCU II cards have better parts on them in addition to the cooler. People are hitting 900Mhz on OCs with no issues. And I'd feel FAR better doing that on this card than a stock card, as those people are pushing them to hard and frying their stock cards.

Really? So are you saying I didn't just sell a 3yr old GTX260 on Ebay for $75?

That just bought me a new s1155 motherboard and a 12 pack of Michelob Light.

Besides, smart people who are in the IT field, would know that if you return a failed GTX260, they are going to send you a newer better card anyways, but what do I know?

thegatekeeper

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
You guys know of any store that ships tech to europe (specifically, Malta). I found the site i was going to use on reseller ratings and it has a very bad rep. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.