Multiple Problems with Motherboars (ASUS)

obubdeno

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Hi guys,

I have been experiencing a few problems for quite sometime now and I thought I would come here to get some answers.

I have an ASUS M4A785TD-M Evo Mobo.

I am running these with it:

Phenom II x4 Processor. I believe Black Edition.
Nvidia GTS 250
8GB of Ram 1333

Here is what is happening:

First, within a few weeks of me receiving the machine the Internet Port on the Motherboard was not reading my Ethernet. I looked and saw that there was no Driver for the Internet Card any more. I have been unable to install it, and I cannot find it. I heard there was a problem with W7 and this motherboard with "Deep Sleep" mode. Anyways, I had to buy a little Ethernet Port thing from Best Buy for the time being.

The Second Major problem is the sound.

The Front Jacks on my computer do not work at all. And the Back causes extreme lag when playing games. It seems to suck up so much memory when I have a Headset plugged in. What usually happens is, I plug it in, and the bottom right says HD Vdeck Jack plugged in and then 1 second later HD Vdeck Jack Plugged out. That goes back and forth saying its being plugged in and out really fast. Which in turn causes a bad experience in games. It is a Realtek Audio Soundcard on the Motherboard.

If anyone can help me solve these issues, they are really driving me crazy :( thank you!

obubdeno

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Alright I will try that, but wouldnt the driver for the ethernet port still be there? its telling me there is no driver at all for it.

And how do I make sure front jacks are properly configured?

obubdeno

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010

Problem is, installing the driver doesnt do anything, and when I go to device manager there is nothing there for the ethernet card.

username-taken

Honorable
May 14, 2012
That's a bit odd nna2, in every pc i've ever owned, the ethernet port would come up in device manager whether i had a cable in or not.
Even if the driver isn't installed, it should show the device or an unknown device with an exclamation mark, saying that it couldn't install the drive.
Perhaps its disabled in the BIOS.

obubdeno

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Okay heres what I have done:

I have gone and fiddles with the HD and the AC 97 and that didn't do anything.

I also checked and saw my ON Lan Ethernet was enabled.

Now I have removed my ram, the graphics card, and the mono battery to reset.

Sephypoo73

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Then you likely have a bad motherboard, and it is likely still in warranty. Start the RMA process with ASUS and see if they have any cross-shipping options for you so you don't have to go weeks without a PC.

obubdeno

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010

Since this motherboard has so many problems with W7, I want to just buy a new one.

What will I need to buy so I can just swap all my parts onto a new motherboard. I need a new Windows 7, and thats it?

How do I go about putting in the processor with the heatsink?