Will this Setup Work

Will this Setup Work?

Alright. I'm pretty sure all of these parts will work together, and I'm satisfied with what I've picked, unless I get some information that will change my mind. Pretty much what I want to know is will all the parts fit in the case, work together, and are the parts I have selected good enough for the money. Here it is, just click it and it gets bigger and you can zoom in.

Thanks!
13 answers Last reply
More about will setup work
  1. It looks good! However, you can combo up and use rebates to save a wad of cash. I built a pretty similar setup, might wanna check it out ;) http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/312822-31-bestconfigs-budget-intel-based-gaming
  2. Thanks for the info dood.
  3. Quick question. I just got this deal today in my mailbox. I'd get the processor for $139 with a promo code. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131705&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL062811&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL062811-_-EMC-062811-Index-_-MotherboardsIntel-_-13131705-LC5B

It's basically the same as the other mobo just a few differences... Will it work?
  4. You linked a motherboard. What is the deal again?
  5. I just paid $489 a piece for a couple EVGA Superclocked GTX580s on Amazon with free shipping. You might want to check Amazon as well because Newegg tried to slaughter me with shipping costs.

Amazon 2 day = Free
    Newegg 2 day = $230

This was for a full system by the way. Your results may be different... just a heads up.
  6. Are you in canada or somewhere? Newegg offers free shipping on almost everything.... Not saying it's not true, just hard to believe.
  7. I have a question... do I need thermal paste?
  8. Not if using stock heatsink. Which btw, I would recommend an aftermarket cooler. Something like the Hyper 212+ ($30 at amazon) would be excellent, lets you overclock to around 4.5GHz with no issues.
  9. I don't really even know if I want to overclock. If it gets to the point where I need to overclock in order to run the games smoothly, which probably would take a while, I'd do it. If I'm not going to overclock, would an aftermarket cooler really be that important?
  10. Even if I did get the aftermarket fan, would it fit?
  11. If you are getting a 2500k, there is no reason NOT to overclock. It's a free performance boost! Many mobo's have an "easy overclock" In which it at least bumps the speed a little bit. I suggest you at least try it.

And yes, a 120MM cooler (Like the Hyper 212+ or Scythe Mudgen 2100) Would have no problems fitting in the HAF 922, none at all.
  12. I hear you, I just really don't feel like paying the extra 50 bucks. even though that sounds a little stingy. :P
  13. 40*
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems Product