HDMI Problem

kingturbofox

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
I purchased a Vaio EB series laptop last week, and im having a problem with the hdmi connection,
if i connect the laptop to my Sony STR-KS 360 receiver or my LG 42LH30 (both are capable of 1080p res) it shows fine at 1920x1080/60p. however when i turn off either the tv or reciever or switch inputs and go back to the hdmi port that the vaio is connected to, the resolution goes to 1024x768. Sony support suggested I install the latest intel GMA drivers but same problem. Is there a power setting or something im missing?

Im using Windows 7 Home Premium x64
vaio has integrated intel video

any suggestions, this thing is driving me crazy. :cry:

Windows is confusing like that.I've had the same thing happen to me lots of times,wether it be a desktop pc or a laptop.After you disconnect the device windows sets the res back to the default of the laptop.You have to keep doing a bit of tweaking each time you connect a device.

kingturbofox

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Tyvm for the speedy reply, thats odd that it would goto 1024x768 when my laptop res is 1366x768. Maybe if i connected using the vga instead it might stay? I've read that because vga doesnt have hdcp the bluray drive in my vaio wont work properly. oh well whatever at least i have ps3 for bd's neways.
thx again