ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Driver Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW2012

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Hi, everyone,

I'm completely new to this generation of technology, but after installing Windows, there seem to be sooo many drivers for this motherboard, it's a little overwhelming.

I successfully flashed the BIOS to 1206, which was the easy part, and everything seems to be functioning well with the Optimized Defaults.

This is my system.

Intel i5 3570K 3.4
Cooler Master 212 Plus
Asus P8Z77-Pro
EVGA NVIDIA GTX 560 SC
G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600
Corsair Gold 850 PSU.
WD SATA 3 Caviar Black HDD
Samsung CDRW

My first question is, other than the optimized defaults, is there anything else I should set? From what I've read in the manual, on the BIOS, I'm good to go. I did have to set the CPU FAN Low threshold to 500 RPM because of a CPU FAN error that gets thrown up. Apparently the Cooler Master is not at 600 RPM when it turns on, but this fixes it.

But when I install Win7-64, there are so many drivers, are they all necessary?

There is:

1. The Intel Chipset Driver.
2. The Intel Rapid Storage Driver
3. Intel Rapid Start Technology Software V1.0.0.1022 for Windows 7 32bit & 64bit.
4. Asmedia SATA Controller Driver V1.3.4.0 for Windows XP 32bit & XP 64bit & Win7 32bit & Win7 64bit.(WHQL)

5. The Real Audio Driver
6. The Intel LAN Driver
7. The USB 3.0 Drivers, which include: Intel(R) USB 3.0 Controller Driver V1.0.4.225 for Windows 7 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL) and 7. 8. Asmedia USB 3.0 Driver V1.14.3.0 for Windows XP 32bit & XP 64bit & Win7 32bit &
9. Intel Management Engine Interface V8.0.0.1262 for Windows 32/64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit 7.(WHQL)

I would imagine after this, I can then just do the Windows Auto Updates?

Any advice would be appreciated.

THX

Solution
Hi, I built a system a few weeks before you so you may have newer drivers on you CD or Asus webpage .

I suggest you check drivers that I had problems with:
1- Intel rapid storage. the original one did not recognize RAID configuration.
2- LAN driver from Intel directly
3- NVIDIA drivers from its own website
4- Be sure you have no device with exclamation sign in device manager , otherwise you are missing some driver
5- There is another driver , not sure what it is IRST_V11001032_XPWin7??

Yes, you can do windows updates and then do an image of your drive and a recovery disk before you install any applications (be sure everything is working, all USB ports, sounds, printer, graphics, etc). Then , install all your applications and make...

vlsi99

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Hi, I built a system a few weeks before you so you may have newer drivers on you CD or Asus webpage .

I suggest you check drivers that I had problems with:
1- Intel rapid storage. the original one did not recognize RAID configuration.
2- LAN driver from Intel directly
3- NVIDIA drivers from its own website
4- Be sure you have no device with exclamation sign in device manager , otherwise you are missing some driver
5- There is another driver , not sure what it is IRST_V11001032_XPWin7??

Yes, you can do windows updates and then do an image of your drive and a recovery disk before you install any applications (be sure everything is working, all USB ports, sounds, printer, graphics, etc). Then , install all your applications and make another image. This way you can troubleshoot an issue installing one application at the time if something fails. Or if you want a clean install to reduce clutter without re-installing drivers.

Remember unless you do a register trick , you can't do RAID after installing windows or going ACHI after RAID.

By the way, do you see a message "press delete to enter BIOS" in version 1206?

good luck

Solution
It is all for hardware on your computer, windows 7 is though good at finding if there are updated drivers for your hardware if you just install from your disk that came with the board. Usually it is explained in your board manual what is neccessary and what is optional but pretty much a driver is!

vlsi99

Honorable
May 29, 2012
The drivers I mentioned did not get updated by by WIN 7. I did not have connectivity to the internet until I install the new drivers myself and that was true from the ones on my list. They may have shipped me a very old CD.

DW2012

Honorable
May 28, 2012

Yes, I get the Press Del message, though, boy, it's not easy. I have to start pressing it before the splash screen, otherwise I don't get in.

I'm installing all the drivers, except Intel Rapid Start, because I don't have an SSD. I also fail to see how Intel Storage function can help me if I only have 1 HDD.

Cheers,
DW

Status
Not open for further replies.