NewEgg Shipping Question!! Need Help quick!!

Matt34533

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
So I have my build all setup $750 after rebates and everything. But we're going out of town and I need to have it shipped to a friends house. So I put my billing address and my shipping addresses as the correct adresses(different addresses BTW). Now my question is will the mail-in-rebtes still work? will they be sent to my friends house or my house? can this invalidate me from the rebates? cause at $850 without rebates I can't afford the system if I don't get the rebates and will have to get a phenom II x4 instead of a 2500k!!!

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
I don't think where you send the rebates in from will matter. They will require a proof of purchase, but they will not check the shipto address. It is possible they may be sent there, but I'm sure if you could trust your friend with the $750 in parts, you can trust him to get you your rebate checks. Stick with the 2500

Matt34533

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011

yeah, its a good friend. I was just worried about not getting the rebates. Thanks for the reassurance. :D

MikeG72

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
I doubt its specific to Newegg rebates, but I've recently submitted a few different companies' rebates for Newegg purchases under my name with a different shipping address than mine/the billing address. So far no one has rejected any of them and Corsair sent a check to me, at the billing address which I used for the rebate submission.

Matt34533

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011

Awesome, thanks for the help! For the shipping adress do yo have to put the name of the person who will recieve it?

MikeG72

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
I don't think it matters what the shipping name/address is as far as the rebate goes. As far as the actualy delivery is concerned, it'd probably cause less confusion to put your friend's name on the packages, or maybe your name in care of your friend.

Wolfshadw

Titan
As far as the actually shipment, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to contact the delivery company (I'm assuming UPS) and let them know that your friend is authorized to receive the shipment. If UPS cannot delivery the shipment, they'll only hold it for a few days and then claim it, "undeliverable" and ship it back to Newegg.

-Wolf sends

TRENDING THREADS