June 14, 2012 11:57:11 PM

Hey guys,

Well I recently built a rig 2 days ago and here are the specs:

Mobo: Asus h68
Processor: i3
Ram: 8GB
Gfx: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750 1GB
PSU: Force 600w

Installed a clean Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate version on it, ran fine the first day, just a while ago, wanted to open the browser and it would start hanging everytime so I had to close it serveral times, then decided for a force restart so I did a force restart but here comes the trouble, after that restart I decided to go into the boot menu and look at the temperatures and so on, just looked at them, decided to save changes and exit so I can proceed to booting windows and there goes the black screen that has been killing me. Tried everything and with no use

Restarted a million times
Shut down the computer for a while
Tried to put the Windows CD into the CD drive with boot menu priority as CD, tried hardisk too, nothing.
Tried to disconnect every device (mouse, keyboard, etc.)

I tried everything nearly with no luck.

After putting the DVD drive as the boot priority and leaving it for like 2 minutes I get the 0x000000f windows boot manager error telling me to make sure that the CD is inside and that I should restart my computer, and it keeps on looping like this.

Haven't fiddled with any other settings and haven't done anything other than what I've stated in this topic.

Don't think any hardware failure is done because it's quite new and I had a look into the computer inside and everything seems to be perfectly working, will resetting the CMOS work too? if so how can I do that :X.

What do I have to do exactly? hope you guys can help me and thanks.

More about : black screen bios

June 15, 2012 7:43:04 AM

Alright will check that even though my PC was fitted by some computer tech guy which I bought the components from. What about the CMOS reset?
Related resources
a c 111 Ĉ ASUS
a c 431 V Motherboard
June 15, 2012 8:22:01 AM

it a jumper on the mb look on the online mb guild or the mb book. it says onboard jumper locations..cmos jumper. most time it a white jumper with three pins. 1-2 normal...2-3 clear. with the power off. also check asus web page that your bios is up to date. a lot of time with these new chipsets and new cpu there are cpu code and ram bug fixes. as it was a new install did you or the builder use the driver cd and install all the drivers..ie chipset..lan..sound..from the cd into windows. if your missing a driver or windows when it did it updates could have installed driver that your mb does not like.
June 15, 2012 9:41:36 AM

Tried the following:
Pulling the mobo battery out to clear the bios settings
Fitting another video card
Fitting another hardisk
Checked all the wiring
Disabled the optical drive

Nothing..
June 15, 2012 9:46:17 AM

I recall that I was fiddling with the advanced settings and something about "GPU Boost was set on, then I clicked on again" the computer restarted and there happened the issue I'm having but it should be cleared now that I've reset the BIOS like 2 times.

I did the step-by-step guide too, checked every single step and nothing.

I just get a screen "Windows Boot Manager" after a few minutes telling me to put in my windows installation CD and choosing repair but whenever I wanna do that, I still get back to the old black screen staying there for a while and then the same "windows boot manager" screen coming up.
a c 111 Ĉ ASUS
a c 431 V Motherboard
June 15, 2012 7:54:35 PM

some asus mb has a chip in them that lets a sb or ib chip and the gpu run at the same time with the right software. as you did not post you mb model what you want to do go into the bios set first video device to pci. then turn off the onboard video..
it that chipset and windows that your having an issue at boot.
June 15, 2012 10:00:23 PM

Found out the issue and it seems to be a faulty HD, weird thing is that I bought it two days ago and it failed in like 12 hours after I used it, it was nearly empty, no warranty on it for some reason so going for another better HD

it was a WD 1TB SATA HD, going for a seagate or something.
a c 270 Ĉ ASUS
a c 1023 V Motherboard
June 15, 2012 10:31:56 PM

yamajee said:
Found out the issue and it seems to be a faulty HD, weird thing is that I bought it two days ago and it failed in like 12 hours after I used it, it was nearly empty, no warranty on it for some reason so going for another better HD

it was a WD 1TB SATA HD, going for a seagate or something.

All new drives have warranty! Where did you buy yours?
June 15, 2012 11:17:48 PM

rolli59 said:
All new drives have warranty! Where did you buy yours?

I live in Dubai so out of the question I guess, well gonna go to the shop where I bought it from and see how it goes.
!