FiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DAC

Hey all, I'm having a problem getting this new device working. I read online that in order to get the most out of my audiophile headphones I need to buy a headphone amplifier, so I got the FiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DAC found on Amazon. I plugged it into the USB port, it's turned on, headphones are plugged into it, and no sound comes out. The computer doesn't acknowledge that it's plugged in. I had a Creative X-fi Fatal1ty card installed and working fine before I plugged this thing in, so I removed the card and uninstalled all its programs hoping that might fix the problem, but nope. Nothing. When I click Manage Audio Devices in the Control Panel, it shows that both speakers and headphones are disabled, but there are two devices called Digital Audio (S/PDIF) High Definition Audio Device (Default Device and Default Communications Device) that both show that they're making noises on the volume bar but still no sound. Any ideas on this one?

I hope I don't have to buy the E7 device to get this thing working...
2 answers Last reply
More about fiio desktop headphone amplifier dock
  1. Another interesting thing...I installed the latest version of the motherboard audio drivers and tried plugging the headphones into the basic audio plug-in on the motherboard, it makes a scratchy noise as I'm plugging it in but there is still no sound from that either. So I'm guessing the problem lies somewhere in there.
  2. Alright, I've got the default motherboard audio plug-in to play sound, but still nothing from the FiiO E9. The computer isn't recognizing when I plug it in at all.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Desktops USB Devices Components