Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Just got the Samsung SA300b 24 inch LED

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 15, 2011 1:00:12 PM

Got my new Samsung SA300b 24 inch LED monitor at Walmart for $229. Newegg had it for the same price plus shipping so I got it last night at Walmart and It's very nice. It tilts, although I don't use that much. The only thing is that the drivers didn't install for some reason on my new Windows 7 machine. I found the drivers somewhere on the web, but those didn't install either.

Do I really need "monitor drivers" ?? I've never really installed them on any of my monitors in the past and this one looks good and everything. What do they do anyways? Doesn't the graphics card handle that stuff?

If someone could help me get them installed it'd be nice.

a b U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
April 15, 2011 1:04:39 PM

No, you don't need monitor drivers - that is why Samsung started sending out broken drivers (and my Asus 24 inch LED does not come with any drivers at all).
Score
a c 363 U Graphics card
a b Ô Samsung
April 15, 2011 1:09:17 PM

I don't see anything on the Samsung SA300b that would require drivers. I would guess that you'll be fine. I would contact Samsung support to find out what the deal is with the driver issue though.

Drivers are generally needed for pivoting, webcam or USB hub (maybe).
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
April 15, 2011 1:10:03 PM

Here is something you can try. Are you on Windows 7? If you are, right click the desktop and select Screen Resolution. On that page, does it say something like 'Generic' monitor or does it give the actual model #. My Asus (without drivers) shows up as model #, so Windows fully recognizes it and no driver is needed. What does your Samsung show up as?
Score
April 16, 2011 12:46:17 AM

EXT64 said:
Here is something you can try. Are you on Windows 7? If you are, right click the desktop and select Screen Resolution. On that page, does it say something like 'Generic' monitor or does it give the actual model #. My Asus (without drivers) shows up as model #, so Windows fully recognizes it and no driver is needed. What does your Samsung show up as?

it shows up as "SA300/SA350".
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
April 16, 2011 2:51:30 AM

Then I think you are all set. The Monitor is giving its correct model # and specs to Windows and Windows recognizes it. This is the same info that would have been in the drivers essentially.
April 16, 2011 3:22:34 AM

Best answer selected by keto6789.
Score
a c 169 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
April 16, 2011 7:44:05 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!