What comes in the box with a GBA?

I'm buying a one as a Christmas gift and need to know what comes in the box
(any games) and what accessories to buy.

Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about what

    Thad Clark-Soles wrote:

    > I'm buying a one as a Christmas gift and need to know what comes in
    > the box (any games) and what accessories to buy.
    >
    > Thanks

    The unit, charger, and instructions. no games.

    > I'm buying a one as a Christmas gift and need to know what comes in the
    box
    > (any games) and what accessories to buy.
    >
    > Thanks

    The GBA-SP, I presume?

    The most important accessory (a charger) comes with it.

    The only other accessory I would say that is "mandatory" would be a case.
    The clam shell design of the SP will protect the screen, but without a case
    the SP case itself will be prone to getting banged up and scratched. The
    small, official-Nintendo, case for the GBA-SP is both inexpensive and well
    made. As someone else posted, the headphone adapter is also worth having.
    They can be found in any game store for less than $3.

    Definetly go with an GBA-SP over the original GBA. Its compact, rugged,
    sexy design, and best of all has a built-in light for the LCD. If you can
    justify spending another $60 to make the recipient of this gift extremely
    happy, check out the new Nintendo DS. I just got one and can't turn it off!
    :^)

    "CJ" <CJ@nospam.com> wrote in news:Vdadne1q35ctqSvcRVn-pQ@giganews.com:

    > Thad Clark-Soles wrote:
    >
    >> I'm buying a one as a Christmas gift and need to know what comes in
    >> the box (any games) and what accessories to buy.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >
    > The unit, charger, and instructions. no games.

    You may want to think about investing in a headphone socket adapter if
    the giftee likes to use headphones (or those around them would rather
    not hear the distracting beeps and burps). A good case is pretty much
    essential as well. I managed to scratch the lid of mine by just putting
    it on my bedside table in the dark. Right in the middle too darn it. I
    went out and bought a sleeve cover the following weekend.

    If the lucky new recipient is going to be going places with the GBA then
    make sure they have a pouch to keep the games and charger in too. Don't
    want them to get to their destination with no power and no games to
    choose from.

    It should be pointed out that the original GBA had a headphone socket
    built in, but I would seriously advise against getting one. The SP model
    has a far superior battery life and the internal light is a godsend.

    I've never tried a magnifier, but I personally cannot see the point in
    giving yourself the hassle and spoiling the sleek lines of the GBA all
    for less than 25% more screen real estate. I'm betting most of them have
    either lens or fresnel distortion too. If anyone would care to put me
    straight on this matter, I'd be interested to find out.

    Hope that helps.

    "Thad Clark-Soles" <tclark-soles@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I'm buying a one as a Christmas gift and need to know what comes in the
    > box
    > (any games) and what accessories to buy.
    >
    > Thanks

    Get the SP version!
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    "Eric" <none@nospam.not> wrote in message
    >> I'm buying a one as a Christmas gift and need to know what comes in the
    > box
    >> (any games) and what accessories to buy.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >
    > The GBA-SP, I presume?
    >
    > The most important accessory (a charger) comes with it.
    >
    > The only other accessory I would say that is "mandatory" would be a case.
    > The clam shell design of the SP will protect the screen, but without a
    > case
    > the SP case itself will be prone to getting banged up and scratched. The
    > small, official-Nintendo, case for the GBA-SP is both inexpensive and well
    > made. As someone else posted, the headphone adapter is also worth having.
    > They can be found in any game store for less than $3.
    >
    > Definetly go with an GBA-SP over the original GBA. Its compact, rugged,
    > sexy design, and best of all has a built-in light for the LCD. If you
    > can
    > justify spending another $60 to make the recipient of this gift extremely
    > happy, check out the new Nintendo DS. I just got one and can't turn it
    > off!
    > :^)

    In these here parts where all things arrive months later, I finally had a
    real life look at the DS. The shop said they brought it in from Japan.
    Anyways the price is USD263 (can you believe it?). The SP sells here for
    about USD80, which is about the same price in the states. Unless the price
    for the DS comes down to about par (USD150) then I may have to decide on the
    SP to be my first ever handheld game console. I'd like to wait for the PSP
    but I reckon that'll be USD200 or so.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > In these here parts where all things arrive months later, I finally had a
    > real life look at the DS. The shop said they brought it in from Japan.
    > Anyways the price is USD263 (can you believe it?). The SP sells here for
    > about USD80, which is about the same price in the states. Unless the price
    > for the DS comes down to about par (USD150) then I may have to decide on
    the
    > SP to be my first ever handheld game console. I'd like to wait for the PSP
    > but I reckon that'll be USD200 or so.

    $260! Wow. Thats crazy. The DS is nice, but its definetly not worth
    $260 -- "import" or not!

    Yeah, I'd definetly go with the SP. The SP is still very cool. I'm still
    my using SP often even though have a DS now..

Console Gaming Games Gameboy Video Accessories Nintendo Video Games