marsxmarsx

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
Hi,

I'm building my first computer in twenty years and need some advice. I've decided on the SUS P8Z68-V - LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Chipset ATX Intel Desktop Motherboard and the Intel i7 2700k cpu using the stock fan. The reason I'm using the stock fan is that I'm buying the two as a combo along with an SSD and the three come already installed for a very good price and the installation is free; and I'm a little nervous about installing an aftermarket fan. Also, the motherboard monitors the temperature of the cpu I believe so I can watch it and if it looks like it runs too hot, I'll bite the bullet and buy an aftermarket fan and figure out how to install it watching youtube videos.

In the meantime, I need a case, with or without a power supply. I want the case to be big enough to hold the motherboard I'm getting and to have enough room for a good aftermarket fan, should I need one or decide to get one and I hear they are quite large. So, can anyone recommend a quality case that is well cooled (but not liquid cooled) that fits the bill for a budget under $100. If it comes with a power supply, then I need 600 watts and the budget can go up accordingly.

I'd like to stay with a case that is made by a known manufacturer like Antec and I really don't care about looks but it would be nice if it had outlets for all the USB connectors that come off the headers on the motherboard on the side or front or something as well as a couple connectors for whatever else comes off this motherboard.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
marsxmarsx

TRENDING THREADS