Charging a Nintendo DS in Europe

Inferno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've finally got my hands on the USA-version of the Nintendo DS. Living in
Europe, I was wondering: we have a 220v circuit in Europe. With America
being 100v, does it in any way harm the DS to charge the system with a 220v
GBA SP adapter?

In the case this isn't possible, what _do_ I need to make it work?

Thanks for the help!

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Inferno wrote:
> I've finally got my hands on the USA-version of the Nintendo DS. Living in
> Europe, I was wondering: we have a 220v circuit in Europe. With America
> being 100v, does it in any way harm the DS to charge the system with a 220v
> GBA SP adapter?
>
> In the case this isn't possible, what _do_ I need to make it work?

> Thanks for the help!

There is no difference between the DS and the SP chargers so you can use
it just fine. The voltage is cut down to the same, as long as you use a
220v SP charger it will be fine.

Inferno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"blah" <blah@mcbalh.net> schreef in bericht
> Inferno wrote:
>> I've finally got my hands on the USA-version of the Nintendo DS. Living
>> in Europe, I was wondering: we have a 220v circuit in Europe. With
>> America being 100v, does it in any way harm the DS to charge the system
>> with a 220v GBA SP adapter?
>>
>> In the case this isn't possible, what _do_ I need to make it work?

>> Thanks for the help!
> There is no difference between the DS and the SP chargers so you can use
> it just fine. The voltage is cut down to the same, as long as you use a
> 220v SP charger it will be fine.

Okay, thanks for your help! I'll check out some toystores if they can get me
one.

Inferno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I bought a SP charger, and it didn't work... I'm off to buy a converter...

"Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
>I bought a SP charger, and it didn't work... I'm off to buy a converter...
>

> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> schreef in bericht
>> I've finally got my hands on the USA-version of the Nintendo DS. Living
>> in Europe, I was wondering: we have a 220v circuit in Europe. With
>> America being 100v, does it in any way harm the DS to charge the system
>> with a 220v GBA SP adapter?
>>
>> In the case this isn't possible, what _do_ I need to make it work?

>> Thanks for the help!

With my (Jap) DS that I have just received from Lik-Sang, I also bought a
USB charger cable from them and this works fine from my PC. I must admit I
haven't yet tried my GBA SP adaptor with the DS but I have been told it
works also.

What I did find with the USB charger cable (which was also designed to work
with the GBA, not specifically the DS) was that it was quite a tight fit to
get it into the DS before the charging LED came on.

Andy