SD Card will not cut and paste

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 8, 2005 7:58:56 PM

Newbie to SD cards, so I need some help. I am using a Nikon 4600 with
128 meg SD PNY card. I have a card reader connected to me computer and
us it to transfer the images to the hard drive from the SD card in the
reader. My problem is this, it will not cut or delete the images from
the SD card. It does delete the images when the card is in the camera.
Is there something I need to know about the SD card? It is not the
write lock.

Thanks Will...

More about : card cut paste

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 8:22:10 PM

<ne1r@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Newbie to SD cards, so I need some help. I am using a Nikon 4600 with
> 128 meg SD PNY card. I have a card reader connected to me computer and
> us it to transfer the images to the hard drive from the SD card in the
> reader. My problem is this, it will not cut or delete the images from
> the SD card. It does delete the images when the card is in the camera.
> Is there something I need to know about the SD card? It is not the
> write lock.

Sounds like an issue with the card reader. Perhaps it thinks that the write
lock is set when it is not.
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 12:21:52 AM

In article <1110329936.658847.45650@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
ne1r@yahoo.com wrote:

> Newbie to SD cards, so I need some help. I am using a Nikon 4600 with
> 128 meg SD PNY card. I have a card reader connected to me computer and
> us it to transfer the images to the hard drive from the SD card in the
> reader. My problem is this, it will not cut or delete the images from
> the SD card. It does delete the images when the card is in the camera.
> Is there something I need to know about the SD card? It is not the
> write lock.

Just format the card in the camera after you download images or delete
the images manually either on your computer or with the camera.
Related resources
March 9, 2005 5:42:40 PM

I have one of those 8in1 and a floppy readers in my PC and it ignores the
write lock on SD cards (they are always locked regardless)

Make sure its not the write-lock - try copying a file to the card.
--

Rick

Digital Printing
www.intelligence-direct.com - 01270 215550
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 10:27:39 PM

ne1r@yahoo.com wrote:

> Newbie to SD cards, so I need some help. I am using a Nikon 4600 with
> 128 meg SD PNY card. I have a card reader connected to me computer and
> us it to transfer the images to the hard drive from the SD card in the
> reader. My problem is this, it will not cut or delete the images from
> the SD card. It does delete the images when the card is in the camera.
> Is there something I need to know about the SD card? It is not the
> write lock.

Don't try to cut or delete using the pooter. Copy and paste into a
folder. Eject the media and put it back in the camera and do the erasing
there. Or format the card in the camera.
!