Cpu fan is supposedly shutting off after hour of stress testing

Benfro89

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Hello, this is my first build and I'm trying for stress testing and when i run prime95 on blend for a hour or so my mother bored suite tells me tat my cpu fan has shut off and is at 0rpm's and my temps shot up to 90-100c. I tried disabling the suite from controlling the fans and it didn't work. The fan isn't consistently shutting down. Sometimes after a hour sometimes 2 or so and sometimes it turns back on and others it doesn't. i tried resetting my comp the last time it wouldn't turn back on and when i rebooted i got sent to to error screen saying my cpu fan is at 0rpm's and my cpu temp is above 90c pls help.

I'm using:
Corsair H100
Intel i7 2600k stock clocked
Asus Maximus iv p67
b Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8g
Asus HD 6950 2gb
haf 932

correon

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Inside bios the board controls fan speed on Cpu - but are you using watercooling or some stock cooler ? Your board allso have a Cpufan low-limit rpm setting. lowest speed is 200 rpm - if your cooler goes lower you have to choose ignore .

Benfro89

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Thank you guys for all the help ill try removing the suite. The problems actually started when i installed the suite so that's probofly what it is i have one more problem i switched out the ram because i thought i installed it incorrectly and now my graphics card will show that's its getting power and the fans will spin but it wont display anything wail booting. please help its one problem after another :heink:

That's not very clear but do this list

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems