Sign in with
Your question

GTX 560 Ti core clock problem!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 15, 2011 8:14:44 PM

hey I bought a video card two weeks ago that is KFA2 GTX 560 Ti at 950 Mhz. after 1 week I noticed that the game began to slow and laggy, also I noticed in the program called GPU-Z that the core clock goes down to 405Mhz when I play and do not stop at 950MHz and therefore it's goes laggy. So I gave it back to the store and I bought instead SOC Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti. but I got the same problem with it. and I do not understand why that happens.

help please :( 

Thanx for understanding.
a c 255 U Graphics card
April 15, 2011 8:25:45 PM

What is the make and model of your power supply?
Related resources
a c 105 U Graphics card
April 15, 2011 8:29:56 PM

I don't remember what it's called but nvidia has something worked into the card that will under clock it when the temps get too high.
a b U Graphics card
April 15, 2011 8:31:58 PM

I think you have to run the "Gigabyte OC Guru" application that is bundled with your GPU to make the Gigabyte 560Ti start up correctly. You can also DL it from here http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/utility.aspx?cg=3 (3rd one down). I don't have one myself so can't verify, but it's what I heard.
April 15, 2011 8:33:32 PM

Yes the store said that also. but the temp is at 47-50C. I don't think that it's high. Or is it high? i don't know.
April 15, 2011 8:35:12 PM

nitrium said:
I think you have to run "Gigabyte OC Guru" application that is bundled with your GPU to make the card start up correctly. You can DL it from here http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/utility.aspx?cg=3 (3rd one down). I don't have one myself so can't verify, but it's what I heard.

Its mabye true am gonna download it and try, I hope that it will work!
a c 255 U Graphics card
April 15, 2011 8:40:46 PM

Your card is probably running in 2D mode when you are checking it. Run the Furmark test while running GPU-Z and see if it's clocked correctly under load.
The card slows it's self down when it does not need to run at full speed as a power saving feature. It also keeps case temps down.
April 15, 2011 8:48:21 PM

anort3 said:
Your card is probably running in 2D mode when you are checking it. Run the Furmark test while running GPU-Z and see if it's clocked correctly under load.
The card slows it's self down when it does not need to run at full speed as a power saving feature. It also keeps case temps down.

I just tested it with the Furmark and it didn't go down it was running at 950Mhz with temps at 72C.
But why does it go down when I play some game, that it should never be laggy with this video card?
a c 271 U Graphics card
April 15, 2011 9:03:27 PM

BloodyLion said:
I just tested it with the Furmark and it didn't go down it was running at 950Mhz with temps at 72C.
But why does it go down when I play some game, that it should never be laggy with this video card?

Bare with me on this please but have you tried downclocking the card? I have asked another member to try this but they don't seem too willing.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/314329-33-random-black-screens#t2350360
a c 255 U Graphics card
April 15, 2011 9:06:34 PM

Are you sure your card is downclocking during games? What games lag and when?
April 15, 2011 10:24:20 PM

anort3 said:
Are you sure your card is downclocking during games? What games lag and when?

well it did lagg on Dark Void and Homefront. But after that I installed the OC Guru. Dark Void did not lagg any more. And I hope that the problem is solved. If it do go laggy again I will be needing more help!

Thanx anyway :) 

!