GTX 560 Ti core clock problem!

BloodyLion

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
hey I bought a video card two weeks ago that is KFA2 GTX 560 Ti at 950 Mhz. after 1 week I noticed that the game began to slow and laggy, also I noticed in the program called GPU-Z that the core clock goes down to 405Mhz when I play and do not stop at 950MHz and therefore it's goes laggy. So I gave it back to the store and I bought instead SOC Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti. but I got the same problem with it. and I do not understand why that happens.

help please :(

Thanx for understanding.

D

Deleted member 217926

What is the make and model of your power supply?

D

Deleted member 217926

Your card is probably running in 2D mode when you are checking it. Run the Furmark test while running GPU-Z and see if it's clocked correctly under load.
The card slows it's self down when it does not need to run at full speed as a power saving feature. It also keeps case temps down.

BloodyLion

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011

I just tested it with the Furmark and it didn't go down it was running at 950Mhz with temps at 72C.
But why does it go down when I play some game, that it should never be laggy with this video card?

D

Deleted member 217926

Are you sure your card is downclocking during games? What games lag and when?

BloodyLion

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011

well it did lagg on Dark Void and Homefront. But after that I installed the OC Guru. Dark Void did not lagg any more. And I hope that the problem is solved. If it do go laggy again I will be needing more help!

Thanx anyway :)