Hasselblad and Leica to Support Adobe's DNG

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 9, 2005 5:31:14 AM

According to Adobe's announcement, below, Leica and Hasselblad are
apparently going to support Adobe's DNG format. While not the two biggest
camera companies in the world they both have a reputation for producing some
quality equipment so the announcement is at least of some interest.
Chuck

Adobe Systems Inc. on Tuesday announced that Hasselblad and Leica Camera AG
have committed to support Adobe's Digital Negative (DNG) specification.
Hasselblad will allow export to the DNG format and Leica plans to include
native support in their new camera models. The first Leica model to support
DNG will be the DIGITAL-MODUL-R, a digital back for Leica's 35mm SLRs.
Adobe's DNG format has been developed to help draw together a standard for
the various Raw digital camera file formats.
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 5:53:00 AM

Well...I have shown signs of denseness before...but I hadn't considered
building cameras that created and exported DNG. It makes sense for the
better cameras where it can be assumed that the users have Photoshop. Do
less expensive programs support DNG yet? Could this be the future where
cameras no longer create JPG? Most shooters don't know quality and don't
care. But it would be ok if there were no other choices.

!