Belliott3721

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
I got a question, and its kinda simple minded. I bought a new motherboard, with an EPS connection (8 Pin CPU power). I have an older 500w CoolerMaster, that only has a 4 pin ATX connection. I had bought a Molex x2 to EPS connection adapter ahead of time to power the CPU, but after hooking everything up, I can't get the PC to start. Thus bringing me to my question. If I don't use the PSU's 4 Pin ATX connection on a loaded line, does the power supply not bother to send current to the other lines? I only ask because I've tested 3 power supplies (and then all 3 against other PCs and they worked fine). Could this be the problem? I'm in the process of ordering a ATX+Molex to EPS adapter (3 bucks vs 30 on a new PSU). Just curious if this the part that can expect an Office Space Beat down once this is all said and done.

Hi

In many cases the 4 pin 12V motherboard plug will work instead of 8 pin 12V plug especially if a relatively low powered CPU (less than 65W)
Have you tried this yet. The 4 pin plug should be able to fit into one side of the 8 pin socket.
Check what the motherboard manufacturers says in the user guide

regards

Mike Barnes

TRENDING THREADS