Hello, i'm sorry if there is another thread, but i searched for days and found nothing simmilar. (and sorry the english too)
I have a laptop, Sony Vaio VGN-NR31Z that one beautifull day gives up of showing me anything.
I know that it boots, because i saw the lights of caps, scroll, and num turns on and off, and seconds after i hear the windows sound booting.
I tried this already:
- removed battery and press the power button for about 2mn (i don't know if it is the procedure to this laptop to hard reset)--- nothing;
- I replaced the screen---- nothing;
- I take off all components---- nothing;
- I pluged in another screen---- nothing;
- I tested this screen (sony vaio screen) in another laptop and works fine;
I don't know more I can do.
And the laptop enters windows 7 ultimate, after all this procedures, but i get nothing from this or another screen.
Sounds like the lappy is fried. If it's in warranty contact Sony. Otherwise, start looking for a new laptop. Laptops can't be modified or have there components replaced like desktops can. If the gpu or another component fails it's uasually death to the laptop.
Hello, yes i did those steps, fn+f4 but it is not necessary, as long as change hardware its a common laptop, only RAM's and HDD's are changeable. Thank for yours feedback. I think of another problem... IS this like some HP's that came with a BGA problem? like some videos I watched on youtube? I already fixed one HP DV6*** by giving some heat in the GPU. But i think this is different, because the HP didn't boot up, and this Sony boots and I hear the windows sounds....