best GBA title from EA?

Last response: in Video Games
December 9, 2004 5:27:07 PM

Any suggestions for a 7 1/2 year old boy for a game boy advance or DS title
from Electronic Arts?

BIG Harry Potter-type stuff fan, not so much sports. (ie: no Madden)

Thoughts? How are the Harry Potter gameboy titles?

(Have a $15 coupon for EA.com which is why I am looking to narrow it down to
EA only.)

More about : gba title

December 9, 2004 5:27:08 PM

bb2004 wrote:

> Any suggestions for a 7 1/2 year old boy for a game boy advance or DS
> title from Electronic Arts?
>
> BIG Harry Potter-type stuff fan, not so much sports. (ie: no Madden)
>
> Thoughts? How are the Harry Potter gameboy titles?
>
> (Have a $15 coupon for EA.com which is why I am looking to narrow it
> down to EA only.)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and Harry Potter and the
Prisoner of Azkaban are both good. If he's a fan of Harry Potter, I
think he would like either game.
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 4:49:01 PM

bb2004 wrote:

> Any suggestions for a 7 1/2 year old boy for a game boy advance or DS title
> from Electronic Arts?
>
> BIG Harry Potter-type stuff fan, not so much sports. (ie: no Madden)
>
> Thoughts? How are the Harry Potter gameboy titles?
>
> (Have a $15 coupon for EA.com which is why I am looking to narrow it down to
> EA only.)

imo, EA make very poor games. So I would say try before you buy. Rent
some first.
January 9, 2005 9:00:58 PM

"Vitani" <inativ@tfosxft.moc> wrote in message
> bb2004 wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions for a 7 1/2 year old boy for a game boy advance or DS
title
> > from Electronic Arts?
> >
> > BIG Harry Potter-type stuff fan, not so much sports. (ie: no Madden)
> >
> > Thoughts? How are the Harry Potter gameboy titles?
> >
> > (Have a $15 coupon for EA.com which is why I am looking to narrow it
down to
> > EA only.)
> >

> imo, EA make very poor games. So I would say try before you buy. Rent
> some first.

EA makes the best console games, but they're not known for their handheld
games. But actually, Urbz is currently one of the best DS games, as are TW
and Madden (although I think both of those are pale imitations of their
console counterparts). Gotta get a PSP to get real console-esque games on a
handheld.

Skye
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:26:43 PM

"Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Vitani" <inativ@tfosxft.moc> wrote in message
>> bb2004 wrote:
>>
>> > Any suggestions for a 7 1/2 year old boy for a game boy advance or DS
> title
>> > from Electronic Arts?
>> >
>> > BIG Harry Potter-type stuff fan, not so much sports. (ie: no Madden)
>> >
>> > Thoughts? How are the Harry Potter gameboy titles?
>> >
>> > (Have a $15 coupon for EA.com which is why I am looking to narrow it
> down to
>> > EA only.)
>> >

>> imo, EA make very poor games. So I would say try before you buy. Rent
>> some first.
>
> EA makes the best console games, but they're not known for their handheld
> games. But actually, Urbz is currently one of the best DS games, as are TW
> and Madden (although I think both of those are pale imitations of their
> console counterparts). Gotta get a PSP to get real console-esque games on
> handheld.

Urbz - buggy but lots of fun and easy to play for a youngster...
!