Sign in with
Your question

Can i keep 165W cpu consumption on my mobo ?

Last response: in Motherboards
June 15, 2012 8:03:15 PM

Hy there,

I have a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3, and i succsefully unlocked 6 cores from my AMD 960T BE. I noticed that the power consumption rises to 165W in full load whit that setup, my question is can i keep this setup, with 165W power consumption from my cpu, and not harm my mobo in any way ?
For unlocking the extra cores i didn't modified anything in bios but the Core Unlock option.
Thank you for your patience.
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 15, 2012 8:14:38 PM

It is probably going to be fine.

Not that it is ideal, but it should work without killing it.

You could try undervolting the CPU, taking the CPU voltage down in ultra tiny amounts slowly until you start having stability problems. There should be information on the net about how to go about something like this if you search it up.

I am not the expert on that subject, though. People in the overclockers section would know more about that kind of thing than I do.
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 15, 2012 8:18:57 PM

CosmiNXtreme said:
Hy there,

I have a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3, and i succsefully unlocked 6 cores from my AMD 960T BE. I noticed that the power consumption rises to 165W in full load whit that setup, my question is can i keep this setup, with 165W power consumption from my cpu, and not harm my mobo in any way ?
For unlocking the extra cores i didn't modified anything in bios but the Core Unlock option.
Thank you for your patience.

Its fine, since this CPU is on the approved list of CPU's for this mobo

since the BIOS version F5.

http://www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/cpu-support-po...
!